“Perfect!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 13 Mansfield B&B and Inns
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Perfect!!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Rescued my surprise engagement and sisters 40th Paul and Diane are simply brilliant at there job couldn't of asked for more will be returning to book our wedding in near future I no some people had there moans about rooms but as far as I'm concerned if they not moaning there not breathing thankyou Diane and Paul for making a poorly ladies perfect night oh forgot to mention breakfast is out of this world michelle and mark xx

• Stayed October 2013
Paul A, Guest Relations Manager at Mansfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Hi Michelle and Mark

Thank you so much for your kind words, they really do mean a lot. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I happen to know that Paul and Diane send their best regards to yourselves.

We look forward to seeing you both again in the future.

With my most sincere regards.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

part of the hotel is in carr bank park, so great location (best if you have a car though) and obviously much effort has been put into it - the heating system, showers, new paint on outside. However let down by the simple things - paint peeling from ceiling, off white & worn out linen / sheets and towels

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi

Thank you for your review, we are currently in the process of redeveloping our rooms. We have since looked into your observations on the interior of our rooms and have acted upon it. Your feedback is always important to us, knowing your feelings on your stay helps us to give our guests a positive and memorable experience.

Please do feel free to visit us again in the future.

With My Kindest Regards.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is one of the best we've ever enjoyed in attractive location. The rooms are spotless, incredibly comfortable, and very well appointed. The service from check-in to check-out was superb. The staff are polite, well informed, friendly and respectful. The breakfast was second to none. I hope to revisit this hotel soon, and would recommend it to anyone. We only stayed for one night, but wish we had stayed for a couple of extra nights. Would definitely recommend to anyone and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Kirsty

I am sorry for the long awaited reply, Thank you very much for leaving us your feedback. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your experience. We very much look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards.

Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Loved the look of this hotel, nice surroundings and out of town which was exactly what we wanted... We got one foot in the door after our journey to be told we weren't booked in and they were fully booked! At first I think the manager ( I think he was the manager ) tried blaming booking.com until I asked exactly what happened and he said the booking 'got missed by a member of staff' so he called another hotel and booked us in there for the same price...he said it wasn't far and asked if that was ok. Well there wasn't exactly a choice was there! I tried not to be rude and accepted the bottle of wine he gave us.. Although a bottle of wine doesn't quite cut it really! So off we went to the other hotel, which was in the middle of a refurb apparently. It was on a main road and absolutely nothing like the one we actually booked! The staff there were nice though and we were grateful to them for taking us in last minute! The room obviously had not had its refurb as it was so dated.. Really old fashioned! It was like half the hotel had been done up all modern but unfortunately not our room.. It just wasn't what we wanted at all.. Really disappointed with the whole thing! We were also 2 miles further away from the party we were attending that evening hence a more expensive taxi! We sat at the hotels bar only to be told by the barman that this was a regular occurrence for them, they had 6 people recently sent from the manor because of double booking! Maybe they need new staff or a new booking system as it really isn't acceptable!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kate S
Paul A, Owner at Mansfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review!

Unfortunately, from time to time, errors are made with bookings in hotels, and you are our only customer to date to have experienced this. Your arrival was in the middle of a wedding dinner service, but the owner (not the manager) stopped his involvement with service to attend to your booking. The owner did not attempt to make excuses, but apologised profusely for the error. We have just installed a new booking system, in fact, and your booking had not been transferred in the installation of the new software, which is what the owner tried to say to you.

The owner then booked you into what he considers to be one of the best hotels in Mansfield, 281 Restaurant & Rooms, at the same price - their prices are generally a little higher than ours. Had you made clear that the location was vital for your stay, he would have tried to book you into one of the other hotels nearby, which have fewer facilities - there was a choice in fact, but you didn't state that you needed to be in the Carr Bank Park vicinity.

The bottle of wine given to you was a vintage wine, priced at £15.95 per bottle - I'm sorry that you felt that this was insufficient to ameliorate your frustration.

I have spoken to 281 Restaurant and Rooms regarding your statement about the barman commenting that this was a regular occurrence for us, because it's not. They, like us were aghast and were adamant that this had not been alleged by any member of their staff. We have a very good relationship with this hotel. They, like us, focus absolutely on great customer service, and we refer clients to each other when we are fully booked. I cannot comment on the rooms at 281, but I do know that Lisa and her partner have worked very hard at transforming this hotel over the past year and the results for the lower floor are truly amazing.

We are very proud of our staff, who are extremely efficient and professional - reflected in the fact that we are Triple Award Winners in the Mansfield 2020 Business Awards for 2013 and have been shortlisted for the Mansfield Chad Business Awards in 4 categories: Best Business, Best Entrepreneur, Best Apprentice and Best Team.

I would advise that you do express your dissatisfaction in the future - or "kick off" as you wrote in another review, or at least express what you actually want - I'm sure you will be more likely to get what you want if you ask.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

What a lovely little hotel I came across. The moment I checked in, Diana made me feel very welcome (Top Marks). A young chap took me and my suitcase up to my room, he even made small talk on our way, he even recommend a place to eat for me and also booked me a taxi ( young guy with glasses and spiky hair) so (Top Marks). When i got to my room (11) I was blown away on how smart the room was (Top Marks). Nice, clean, warm, plenty of room and soft towels (Top Marks). I had a wonderful breakfast in the morning, it was served nice and hot, even the plates were warm which is always a good sign of a good chef working in the kitchen. I am a bit funny when it comes to my fried egg, i dont like it to soft. The chap who took my order (Paul) said he would tell the Chef. It came out spot on (Top marks to Paul and the Chef) I think the chef was called Connor ( not sure as i never met him). Over all a great place to stay. I will be back here again on business if not then i will be back with my family. Thanks guys and keep it up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Beachboy527
Paul A, Guest Relations Manager at Mansfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Hi,

We thank you for posting your review. Your feedback is important to us. Please come and visit us again soon.

Regards,

Nottingham
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had our wedding here on 4th October and we couldn't have imagined a more perfect day. Everything went smoothly and we were really touched by how much effort went into everything. The staff were fantastic and friendly. We even had our first dance outside in the bandstand which made our day and they even decorated it with lights for us. At breakfast they made the table for us and our guests look fantastic with flowers and decorations. We would do it all over again if we could without changing a thing.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Nutjobnic
Paul A, Guest Relations Manager at Mansfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hi,

Thank you so much for leaving us your feed back, We are pleased that you enjoyed your special day. Please feel free to check out our website for updates on the renovations to the hotel, and the next time that you are in the area, drop in for a cup of tea or two. We look forward to seeing you both in the future.

With My Kindest Regards

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I recently had a surprise 30th birthday party at Mansfield hotel and also stayed the night. All my guests was so pleased with the staff and how much the hotel has changed and for the better. All the staff was fantastic and couldn't do enough for myself and my guests. After the party we went to our room and it was fantastic so clean and spacious. The decorating was so peaceful and the bathroom was just everything we needed. The view in the morning was fantastic and so beautiful. The breakfast was lovely and served straight. All in all I will be returning and I've told everybody I know how fantastic this hotel is thank you for making my day and night so special.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Kelly B
Paul A, Guest Relations Manager at Mansfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hi Kelly

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, your review is important to us, reviews are how you enable us to make sure that the service that we provide is outstanding each and every time.

Please do feel welcome to drop by again soon for a coffee and a catch up.

Regards

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
#1 of 1 in Palterton
Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf

Been to Mansfield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!