The Dog and Duck Currently closed, hopefully re-opening again soon.
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

however on the last visit when my partner and I had finished our joint starter of Camembert we noticed it was a week out of date the managment allowed all three of us free three courses and drinks plus thirty pound vouchers for our return visit! that was a silly mistake on their behalf it is usually lovely and throughout our ordeal the managment were professional, symphathetic and understanding.

1  Thank phil m
There are newer reviews for The Dog and Duck Currently closed, hopefully re-opening again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The interior of the pub is great and the overall atmosphere inside was excellent, with a really nice, friendly waiter looking after us all evening.

Unfortunately that was the end of the good news as the food was a huge let down. 2 of our party had the Tex Mex Sirloin steak. It was tough, absent of any taste whatsoever and fatty. The Tex Mex selection was literally the Tesco Value Tortilla dip selection decanted into nice pots.

Also I'm not sure if the economic downturn has missed this quiet corner of Nottinghamshire but that can be the only explanation for the prices. The aforementioned steak was near £30 per person. This is central London prices (probably coming with a Michelin star). Other items on the menu seemed overly pricey too.

So all in all a mixed bag. Go for the decor. Certainly don't go just for the food.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The surroundings are lovely, very unusual, has to be seen! Outdoor areas are wonderful in Summer. There are walks & cycle track nearby. Always busy but I don't always book in advance & have never been turned away yet! Best to book if it is a special occasion or large party. Never had a bad meal & I meet friends there every couple of months.

3  Thank staceyjeen
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Visited this restaurant last week for my birthday. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal, the atmosphere and decorations.
The food was excellent, service good, and I would heartily recommend this restaurant to you.
We were staying at Centre Parcs, used a local taxi firm, and the whole evening was fab u lous!!

1  Thank Kat22
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We are a group of 10 who stayed at Forest Holidays (which was also excellent!) and were looking for somewhere nearby for a decent Sunday lunch before the long drive home. We were not disappointed. We booked a table on Saturday and phoned through our pre-orders on Sunday morning. We had a table booked for 2pm. By 2.45pm we had no food and were beginning to get a bit restless. The staff must have overheard because the next minute the very pleasant manager arrived at the table and explained that there had been a slight delay in the kitchen and in order to make amends for our wait, we could have complimentary desserts. This was more than generous and we were suitably impressed. When the dinner arrived, well, I can honestly say that at the ripe old age of 50, I have never had a better roast beef meal in my life. Cooked to perfection, piping hot and presented beautifully. The other ladies in my party were all equally impressed. We had lamb shank, seafood risotto, haddock and roast turkey and all the meals were of an equally impressive standard. The sweet were up to the same high standard and delicious, also beautifully presented. I cannot praise the food in this pub highly enough and (as you probably will have gathered) when we visit the area again next year we will most definitely be eating here.

2  Thank catkatie

Travelers who viewed The Dog and Duck Currently closed, hopefully re-opening again soon. also viewed

Rufford, Nottinghamshire