“Great little find!”

Cakefield Cakes Tea Room
Ranked #57 of 227 Restaurants in Mansfield
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited Cakefield Tea Room yesterday and wow what a find! Lovely cozy establishment with friendly staff. Plenty of parking round and about that area. We ordered tea with a scone/jam/cream for my husband and I had a tea cake. Of course my husband allowed me to try some of his scone which was by far absolutely one of the best scones I have ever tasted and my husband agreed (which doesn't often happen!). My tea cake was yummy too. We paid £6 for the scone, tea cake and tea which was, as far as we are concerned certainly not expensive. If you just wanted a cuppa it costs £1. What made the scone really good also was the cream wasn't the stuff which comes in a plastic container, it was real clotted cream in a ceramic pot with very good tangy raspberry jam. There is a full snack menu including vegetarian. A full English breakfast is £5.25 which we will try another time. There are also the usual sandwiches, baguettes, panani/salad and quiche and Ploughman's which costs £6.95 but it does look good value and it has a lot of cheeses, hams pork pie pickles etc. For a trip out to Hardwick Hall this would be a great place to stop off on the way or on the way back for a cake. I can assure you the cakes on display looked big and delicious. I've been to Hardwick a few times and I haven't been terribly impressed by their culinary delights (or lack of). Visit Cakefield you will not be disappointed, especially if you like cake!

Date of visit: September 2019
CakefieldCakes, Owner at Cakefield Cakes Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much, your review means alot to us. We try our best and are so glad you enjoyed. Our scones and cakes are fresh baked on site daily

Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Lovely little tearoom offering a wide variety of food and drinks and experiences. This company booked myself and my colleague to attend a princess themed afternoon tea and it was so beautifully decorated and well thought out. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed August 31, 2019

Lovely place-doesn't look much from the outside but definitely worth venturing in! Really enjoyed our afternoon tea (and prosecco!) today. Lovely homemade cakes and everything seemed freshly made and good quality. Portion sizes were really good and the children's afternoon tea, in particular, was very good value! £4.95 for 4 finger sandwiches, crisps, salad, fresh raspberries, sliced apple, a good sized slice of cake and a drink! My little girl loved hers. My only tiny comment would be that it would have been nice to have been asked what flavour cake and scones we wanted. What we had was lovely but I noticed after eating that there were other flavours on the counter that I might have chosen if I was asked.

Date of visit: August 2019
CakefieldCakes, Owner at Cakefield Cakes Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2019

Hi Laura,

We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We do usually ask which cake you would like with your afternoon tea due to the fact we usually have at least 3 cakes to choose from.

I will do some investigating into why this didn't happen.

Thank you again so much and we hope that we will see you again

Reviewed August 19, 2019

Had a lovely lunch here with family for a very reasonable price. Everyone was very happy with their choices (plentiful ploughmans, tasty quiche, large crumbly scone and real clotted cream, big wedges of soft spongy cakes) and while the gin selection was modest, trust their recommendations as the gin and ting I had was very refreshing for a hot summer afternoon!

The mismatched china on the tables worked well, and the staff were all friendly and welcoming. It seems like their home-baked cakes/scones selection changes regularly which is nice - we got to taste-test cinnamon-apple scones on our visit - so this should keep customers returning for new offerings and keep the menu fresh. The venue is airy but also has outside seating and is next to a pond, so feeding the ducks (with duck food sold at Cakefield) was a cute way to end our visit.

This cake shop/tea room was recommended to us by a local and we happily pass that recommendation on to others. We look forward to returning.

Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

We had cooked breakfast and it was delicious, good quality ingredients including tea or coffee, The cakes were amazing. Great place to sit a relax beautifully decorated very quaint. Would recommend for families, couples, or solo