“quality of service superb”

Mansfield Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Mansfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed at the Mansfield Lodge Hotel as I was attending a Nursing Reunion Party the following evening. My two night stay was excellent. The breakfast and evening meal is served in the stylish Dining Room, the food was plentiful and tasty. The owner made light conversation which I appreciated being on my own, and from our conversation I learned it was a family run business. They obviously work very hard to maintain such a high standard and my stay there was so comfortable I felt really rested as I had slept so well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed June 17, 2012

While attending a wedding in the area we stayed for two nights, the hotel is only a 5 min walk into town but far enough out to be quiet.The room was spacious and spotlessly clean, the breakfast was 1st class and the service was as good as any 5 star hotel we've stayed in, would not hesitate to go back.
Diane.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed here again (working in the area) having been here earlier in the year. My room was a good size and very clean and comfortable. The hotel, though full, is nice and quiet. The little bar is a nice touch and the home cooked food is excellent. The monkfish tail in Thai curry was very tasty. Breakfasts equally good. Overall probably unbeatable for value for money. Well done to the family who own and run this place! It is far, far better than the two stars would suggest.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel to actually relive our Honeymoon night from 30 years ago (couldn't afford a proper honeymoon at the time) and I paid for one of the top rooms. It has had a makeover since our first visits an joined up with the Parkhust Hotel (where we originally stayed). Our room was actually in the basement and first impressions of the room were very good in terms of decor, cleanliness and layout. However the problem came when we actually came back to the hotel that night to sleep. The room was unbearably hot with no air con, fan or anyway of cooling it down. Sadly this lead to worst nights sleep my wife and I have had in years. I raised this with the reception in the morning, and they said it was because building regulations had mandated that they put so much insulation down in the basement rooms.
The breakfast was nice and the staff were pleasant, but due to the massive issue with the room temperature, I am afraid I cannot give it any better rating

Room Tip: Do not take a basement room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2012

the best deal in town and the best service. we have stayed there twice and intend to make it our regular place to stay. they are very friendly and go out of their way to help... even packing a lunch to go if you leave too early for breakfast. rooms are great, food great, great location, best staff ever.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank graham h
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stopped at this B and B as a stopover for a family get together in Mansfield, upon arriving we were told there was no lift an as such would be not suitable for an elderly member of our party. We had a bit of discussion and the rooms were re allocated without any fuss, we ended up with an extra room to house the party without having any stairs to climb; however the total bill stayed the same, thank you.

The hotel is set up as a B and B, but tries to offer a hotel service, so does neither convincingly i.e. it’s a little expensive for a B and B and does not have all the services of a hotel.

The rooms I looked in were a little twee and dated for me, however the basement room allocated to me was new and reasonably modern. However, it was too warm (with all radiators turned off), a noisy bathroom extract fan and a bed side light switch that you had to get out of bed to use?? I do not know who has been advising on the extensive extension work that has been carried out, but I would change them – I will leave it at that.

The hotel is clean and the staff friendly, we also had a drink in the bar which was ok as a bar, but a little slow. The breakfast was very good with good tasty bacon and plenty of toast; I would suggest however changing the coffee blend, it left a lot to be desired.

Would I stop here again, well no - unless I had to, it’s not me and as I said, it’s neither a B and B or a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My room was far better than in many mainstream 4 star hotels and this hotel seems to only have two stars because there is no night porter (the owners live on site anyhow) and the rooms don't have telephones! My room had brand new furnishings and a stunning white and chrome emormous bathroom with the biggest of tubs. Very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The breakfst was good and the evening meal was well cooked and tasty from a suitably short menu. Good and inexpensive bar. My only gripe was that a large flat screen TV was permanently on in the restaurant and I prefer to not have to listen to TV when eating. Great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel
#2 of 2 in South Normanton
Twin Oaks Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
#1 of 1 in Palterton

Been to Mansfield Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!