“Very poor”

Ranked #5 of 13 Mansfield B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Very poor”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

After reading mostly excellent reviews I expected my familys trip here to be anything oher than what it turned out to be. Upon our arrival the level of customer service was exceptionally poor. The staff (red head/blonde and short 'blonde/grey' haired woman) looked very untidy in make shift scruffy 'uniforms' not to mention their lack of enthusiasim and effort. The staffs priority seemed to be avoiding customers so they could chat an use their mobile phones! A La Carte?? well that is certainly not the food we recieved! Microwaved food more like!! We could not even brave a desert at this youth club! Who I believe to be the lady in charge of the array of monkeys working in this place was nothing but miserable until she began chatting with a gentleman i suspect is a regular, her whole demeanor changed as she sat flirting and sipping wine! I must add this type of behaviour oozes professionalism! As we had a late evening meal we managed unfortunately to witness staff clocking off and also hear their inappropriate conversations too!! All in all if you want cheap quality food served by miserable inadequate staff then this is the place to go!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Clo B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
mansfield
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went to Redbrick House for a wedding reception in June. The weather was kind to us and the whole event went well. The presentation and quality of the food was good, seating was ok but not really enough and getting served was a bit like the north face of the Eiger - difficult! Overall with its' location I'd recommend this place for functions as you can stay overnight rather than drive home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Leigh, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The lodges are fantastic, absolutely loved this break and so did our children and dogs. Plenty of places for dog walking nearby, Sherwood Pines and Rufford park are a must visit. My son and hubby also did Go Ape at Sherwood Pines while we walked the dogs. After a day walking the dogs a dip in the hot tub was heaven. It was extremely foggy when we visited, but that added to the atmosphere as we had the log burner lit too. The family in the log cabin next door to us enjoyed it too and were booking a return visit. We re-booked the minute we got home.

Room Tip: You need a car!! Lots of toiletries, tea, coffee and milk were provided too, but there is a Morrison...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JessNight
scunthorpe
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We're due to leave redbrick log cabins today but i dont want to as it is a fantastic place to be.We've stopped in several in the last few years but this is by far the best.We're stopping in lakeview lodge which is just amazing.Arriving down the track and you first see them your initial thought is"wow".They look so big and sturdy just like a real log cabin not like some places that advertise them but they turn out to be caravans with wood cladding.The cabin is situated in front of a small lake with woods at the rear,so peaceful.We made friends with 2 ducks that used to come and see us every day for some food and squirrels were a regular sighting.Inside the cabin it is open plan living and kitchen with a bedroom on the ground floor with a brilliant huge shower that could be used as a steam cabinet.The first floor had another good sized bedroom again with en-suite.There was a big decking area with plenty of good quality garden furniture and a lovely hot tub backing onto secluded woods.The cabins are a two minute walk to the restaurant on site,redbrick house.The food here is lovely,good value and the staff are so friendly.You are near sherwood forest,clumber park and rufford country all of which is nice for a walk or a bike ride.I cannot reccomend these cabins highly enough it would be impossible not to be impressed by them.We are hoping to return again but as there are only 3 cabins at the moment,due to be 4 soon they get booked up very very quickly.If you are looking for a cabin in the sherwood forest area you cant beat one of these!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank missholidaygirl
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was the most pleasant stay in a hotel I have had for a long time! It was situated in lovely, rural surroundings, very peaceful and it was nice to not to have to try and get to sleep listening to traffic on a main road! I booked a single room , which turned out to be a very large, spacious room for a single person , with a good size bathroom . Unusually,there were plentiful supplies of tea and coffee unlike most hotels where you only just about get enough for two drinks during your stay. The receptionist even offered to carry my luggage up to my room for me! Excellent breakfast,which was served at my table , with a good choice of cereals, a glass of orange juice and the table ready laid out for me. I was served a good English breakfast, with plenty of toast and a pot of coffee.
Only two small criticisms...there was no one at reception when I arrived there, nor when I left. After a long day of travelling from the South, the last thing I really wanted to be doing was to go and find someone to check me in! And also the hot water took a while to come through when I showered in the evening. But the staff were very friendly and welcoming, which made up for the small grumbles. Would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went as a party of about 20. We have not been for sometime but had heard good reviews.
When we arrived there were numerous tables and we knew it would be a mass catering event. That would be ok if you can serve good food. The food was not good, the prawn cocktail was a few lettuce leaves thrown onto a plate followed by a spoonful of prawns in a jar sauce thrown on the other side of the plate. We have had better there. No one was impressed with the food, so maybe not a Christmas venue unless you like that sort of thing

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dalestorth
Carshalton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have been using the Redbrick for business trips.
It is an unpretentious hotel with comfortable rooms, helpful staff, and a decent and reasonably priced restaurant.
There is no fitness suite or pool, but that isn't an issue for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
The Forest Lodge Hotel
#2 of 13 in Mansfield
Mansfield Lodge Hotel
Mansfield Lodge Hotel
#1 of 13 in Mansfield

Been to Redbrick House? Share your experiences!