“Best Hotel and Finest food in the UK”
Review of Langar Hall

Langar Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Langar
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed last week for a birthday treat. The Edwards room is comfortable and quirky. Not normally a fan of 4 poster beds but this one is very comfortable. The views are lovely.

The hotel oozes old world charm comfy chairs and roaring fires. The staff are incredible. The lovely lady owner is warm and welcoming, and it is a privilege to stay in her beautiful home.

The dinner menu is treat just to read. You are spoilt for choice.

I could rave about the meal for hours, the scallops, with Rosscoff onions are to die for. I then had the beef with braised ox cheek - wow! I love deserts and the toffee soufflé with salted caramel and banana ice cream was simply stunning.

The wine list is extensive and well worth a good read. I did splash out on rather an expensive red but it was worth it. The wine was decanted and served at the perfect temperature.

My only criticism is I am not there now. Well done to all at Langar Hall.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
LangarHall, Owner at Langar Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Goodness that was a good review!!! THANK YOU. Especially as The Edwards room is due for some TLC after a couple of roof leaks in the corner. Our comfortable mattresses come from a local firm, 5 generations of bed makers and bring loads of compliments on their comfort. The boys in the kitchen and the young team out front thank you for your kind and encouraging appreciation. I am so proud of them and simply delighted with your review. Imogen

Reviewed March 17, 2014

What an experience. We are fortunate that this magnificent Hotel is on our doorstep and historically 'took it for granted' for that very reason. My husband and I recently celebrated a night without the children (a rarity) and decided to make the most of the opportunity. We arrived early afternoon and had a superb bottle of champagne in the luxurious room we'd booked. This was accompanied by nibbles (later discovered to be marmite popcorn). We had a wonderful evening meal - the food what simply divine and the service exceptional. Imogen truly treats you like guests in her home, never failing to strike a wonderful balance between attentiveness and not intruding. The room was beautiful and we had a wonderful breakfast the following morning. Best Hotel we've stayed in for a long time and we'll definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ddigby_taylor
LangarHall, Owner at Langar Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for writing such a nice review. I am amazed and very happy to get so many kind and encouraging notices. The staff are thrilled, they are so good and take pride in their job. I am a lucky owner to have them all and lucky to have such lovely customers like you.
With many thanks Imogen

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

As we only live about 20 minutes away my husband and I are reasonably regular visitors to Langar Hall. We often stay over after dinner as the breakfasts are fabulous. We decided to take four Langar 'virgins' on the lunch for less deal and it was absolutely superb. No compromise on service or quality just a wonderful experience as ever.

I love everything about Langar. The quirkiness, the beautiful location, the cat wandering into the dining room and finding a nice spot for a snooze. We missed seeing Imogen and Michael as to me they both enhance the Langar experience but it very special never the less. It is a little piece of heaven in the Vale of Belvoir. Bliss

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

That was a lovely review. THANK YOU. Sorry to miss you but good to know that everything was fine without me and Michael. The young team are a blessing and I really appreciate it when I hear they kept up the standards and the welcome. Michael and I are getting older now but we are usually floating around and love meeting the customers old and new. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Re-visited Langar Hall after 6 months. Still the same but with constant upgrading of rooms. Enough has been written about the welcome you get from the owner, Imogen Skirving. The staff and service are a delight and the food, mostly from local sources, as good as ever. The moat has been dredged and the walk around it a pleasure. This could be my second home. If only I could be so lucky.

Room Tip: Every room is good. I love the Agers hut on the croquet lawn.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
LangarHall, Owner at Langar Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you for your kind and helpful review. I am so glad you walked by the moats, now full of water for the first time since the dredging. That secret place is an on going project for my daughter Louise. I am so happy now that we are becoming a family business with grand daughter Lila a star with guests in the dining room. Old friends/customers always get a special welcome in thanks for keeping us going all these years!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

This is really the most special hotel is Nottinghamshire, and we often forget it is on our doorstep unless we have something special coming up...... but Langar Hall is more than just a hotel and there is always something going on here.
This week we drove over (it's about 20 minutes from Nottingham centre) for a marketing day organised by Imogen with the prudent marketeer - Steve Mills.
We had a really motivating day, a lovely lunch of Langar lamb, lots of refreshments and some amazing homemade biscuits.
The service here is amazing and the staff cannot do enough for you and are very friendly too, make this your next destination if you are thinking of somewhere special to stay, it is Nottinghamshires best kept secret

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

I am so glad you came to that inspiring marketing day with Steve Mills and then followed it up with your helpful review. THANK YOU. We are currently video-ing a comic film for ITV which we will face book etc when it comes out. I have to dance like Mik Jagger while doing the pot wash! Not my idea but it keeps the team happy. They loved your review and learned a lot from that marketing day.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Myself and my partner went to Langar Hall for a meal, and the service was absolutely amazing. My partner had not been to Langar for a meal before and we both aggreed that the whole atmosphere and food was fabulous. Imogen was delightful. We were greated by Grace and Dan and instantly felt wecomed and to top the wonderful occasion off Michael is fantastic. If you want a truley amazing afternoon then I would certainly recommend going to Langar Hall.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you darling WOW! I know who you are and it was so nice of you to mention the welcome. I go on an on about it and the smile. Hope to see you again soon. Love from Imogen and the Team

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Brilliant!!!!!!!!
Fabulous taster menu for our friends 50th birthday hosted by the cheese boys in Nottingham.
The dish was to die for and the best dish I have tasted in years, the balance of flavours and textures was just awesome. Every dish complimented each other so well, with no one flavour overpowering others, the whole menu just worked.
The staff were very friendly and the service was excellent, it was a really nice relaxed atmosphere.
I will definitely be back again in the near future.
So a great big hug and a thank you to Imogen, Gav and all the staff (sorry not good with names) for looking after us so well.

Julie

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Great! I recognised the catto cake. I put it on face book! And I remember your party in the study with the cheese boys. Like you I never remember names but will recognise you when I see you again which I hope we will. All staff delighted with your encouraging review and that cat Catto cake you brought will go down in history!
Best wishes Imogen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langar
The Bingham Townhouse
10 mi away
Roomzzz Nottingham City
Roomzzz Nottingham City
#1 of 41 in Nottingham

Been to Langar Hall? Share your experiences!