“Disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Langar
holt
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

If you want a quiet night don't stay in Favorites. It's a very nice room with large bathroom (bath and shower) but it also houses the extract fan flue from the kitchen. When we queried the fan on arrival we were offered an alternative room, however it was not of the same standard. We were assured that the fan would be switched off by 10pm but only when we phoned reception at 10.45 was it shut down. What they also didn't tell us is that it comes on again at 6am!! This was an expensive room and we felt that the price was not justified. I did mention it at reception when paying the bill but felt a bit fobbed off with comments on health and safety and the need to start cooking breakfasts. Certainly no genuine apology. We have stayed here before and the food is always good but this was a poorly handled complaint and we won't return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank angela44Holt
LangarHall, Owner at Langar Hall, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
I am sorry you were disappointed and did not sleep well. We offered you the adjoining room to use as well as your room, as an emergency.It is small but the bed is comfortable, like having an extra dressing room to escape to. I complain constantly about the new 'health and safety' rule that makes it compulsary to have the fan on in order to use the gas. Makes no sense to me and I apologise that it caused you to suffer a disturbed night. I keep asking gas and electricity engineers to over ride the rule but they would risk loosing their license. Usually the fan goes off at 10pm and I apologise if the chefs were working late or forgot to swith off earlier.. 6am is very early to start up the kitchen again and I have asked the breakfast chef not to do cooked breakfasts now before 7am. Even in this small hotel 24 breakfasts take time to prepare. If kept waiting for their fully cooked English breakfast there would be more complaints as many of our guests are here on business and leave early. I am so sorry and repeat the same old saying, in this business" it is impossible to please all the people all of the time"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Cardiff
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Have stayed here a few times and it is a delightful country house hotel. Rooms very comfortable and tasteful, and beautiful sitting areas for pre and post dinner drinks- conservatory, study, library and a really nice dining room, with lovely views over the "estate". Service is exceptional- thoughtful, attentive but not overbearing- just right. Food was good but not quite as excellent as our previous visit. Langar Hall is quite rightly receiving top reviews and one little suggestion to make it even better would be to provide either filtered or proper bottle water in the rooms, as the bottle provided was not very nice tap water. Langar Hall has a special ambience and is a lovely place to stay and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CardiffZorro
LangarHall, Owner at Langar Hall, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank for taking time and trouble to write us a good review. Very much appreciated. Also the feed back about the water bottles is very helpful. It is filtered still or carbonated water in plain bottles. We used to have special Langar Hall bottles which, taken as souveniers, were expensive to replace. Perhaps we should re consider that economy cut imposed by our last consultant. Meanwhile I shall check that the housekeepers are not saving time by using tap water! I never thought of that but you could be right!
nottingham
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Had a lovely lunch here for my birthday. They made me feel special. Food delicious. Waiters/waitresses very attentive. Ambiance great. Loos 'interesting' - very clean and looked after.
Had the twice baked cheese soufflé followed by the hake
Price, including the champagne was reasonable for the food/staff/care. The receptionist was very sweet
Had coffee outside as it was a lovely sunny day. Beautiful grounds and no rush to leave the place.
Loved the sign outside regarding the birds who love to poo on the cars below!!!
Can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LangarHall, Owner at Langar Hall, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind and helpful review of lunch at Langar Hall. I am specially glad you appreciated the staff, I am lucky to have such a great team. When I put up the the incontinent pigeon sign they moved to another tree! . Actually they only poo at night so we try to remind residents to move their car! Hope you may have a reason to return and remind me about your report.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Extremely comfortable. Very welcoming staff and delicious food. Imogen and her team did everything within their powers to accommodate a huge group of us. We took over 10 rooms between 7 families and several dogs. The perfect relaxing country weekend break.

Room Tip: Sizes vary hugely but all very pleasant. Worth looking at the photos on the website and if in doubt...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LangarHall, Owner at Langar Hall, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
That must have been the rowers weekend. Delightful well behaved children and I fell in love with the black pug and I put him on face book... Hope to see you again next year.
london
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

It was such a treat returning to Langar Hall Hotel last night after attending Blofeld & Baxter - Memories of Test Match Special In the Theatre in Peterborough .
We were an hour away so decided to drive to Langar Hall -on arriving we were met by Imogen the delightful owner .the place still glowing with candles ,taken into the White drawing room where Luke and Dan presented us with a delicious late night super all washed down with "Blowers French Rhone (Henry Blofeld,s own label wine. )they have a great wine list not to mention their yummy cocktails- a must on arrival!
Off we went to our gorgeous room "The Cartland" named after The Famous Barbara Cartland - it was the room she loved to stay in .
This morning we went down to a delicious homemade breakfast in the garden room looking over the fabulous Langar Hall Gardens and beyond to fields with sheep lambs &, horses grazing .
It is an amazing venue for any occasion you can think of !
I am always sad to leave Langar hall my dear friend Imogen , her lovely team of staff and its fabulous surroundings . All I can say is I am always delighted when I know I am returning to my favourite place.

• Stayed May 2013
LangarHall, Owner at Langar Hall, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
We love you too! And we enjoy those late night, after threatre snacks when I always end up having a glass of wine out of your bottle and go to bed happy. Glad yo like the Bower's Rhone. I think its better than Fleurie
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2013

As a 40th birthday present to my best friend I treated her to a 'Ladies Psychic Evening' and night at the wonderful Langar Hall. It was, if you'll excuse the pun, a magical evening! Imogen had carefully chosen the psychic who displayed her skills with warmth and humour,the atmosphere between all of us was open,relaxed and friendly; I left with contact details from people I feel privileged to have met. Look out for events here; Imogen and her amazing staff can be counted on for their excellent personalized service and an evening to be treasured.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank helen k
LangarHall, Owner at Langar Hall, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
So glad you enjoyed the evening...bit of fun and did I read your hand to find music & laughter & love & romance? Thank you very much for staying with us that evening, I hope you enjoyed your bedroom too and made some new friends that special evening and the staff behaved.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

From the second we walked through the door my husband and I were made to feel welcome. The service was exceptional; Imogen and her wonderful staff could not have done more to make our stay more enjoyable. The hotel is so comfortable and relaxing we didn't want to leave. Lunch was lovely and informal, dinner in the garden room was exquisite and breakfast was definitely worth getting up for. We stayed in the 'Favourite' room which was incredibly comfortable and the huge bathroom with separate shower and large, double ended bath was wonderful. We loved it so much we have already booked to return with our daughters in August. We can't wait! You quite simply have to visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ABIGAIL1970
LangarHall, Owner at Langar Hall, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Now that's a really nice review! Thank you. Please remind me when you come back, I shall recognise you but these days I get in such a muddle with faces and names! Blossom out at last but that NE wind persists. Longing for August sunshine. ???
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langar
Colwick Hall Hotel
Cockliffe Country House Hotel
Lace Market Hotel Nottingham by Compass Hospitality
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway
The Morley Hayes Hotel

Been to Langar Hall? Share your experiences!