“Lovely, quiet relaxing weekend with the whole family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edwinstowe
Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire
GreenLeadersSilver level
UK
“Lovely, quiet relaxing weekend with the whole family”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We wanted a surprise weekend away for our mums 60th birthday. Forest Holidays was just right, the lodge was spacious and well kept, had everything we needed. The best bit of course was the hot tub, a real novelty that didn't wear off. My husband I enjoyed the Go Ape experience on the Saturday morning and spent the rest of the exploring the grounds. My brother in law and my nephew enjoyed a ramble in the forest. Friday -Monday went too quickly, will return in the future and suggest to friends and family.

Thanks for a great weekend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments following your recent family break at Sherwood Forest, and a Happy 60th Birthday to your mum. I am delighted it worked out well and that you all enjoyed the different aspects of your holiday. I hope we’ll see you again soon.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just perfect! A right treat for us all. Little to do or lots to do whichever suits you! After getting married 2 wks prior, we were looking for something different as a family honeymoon to unwind & re-bond with our children, after the wedding build up. With 3 young lively energetic girls, we wanted something that the girls wouldn't 'want' constantly, ie not see the next thing to do/buy and want that.... so we could choose to offer activities & do things at our own pace. There is plenty to do in Sherwood pines forest, which I thought was beautiful, or you can simply relax. Do a shop at the towns asda & hibernate or the retreat shop & cafe offers great snacks & pizzas delivered to cabin with groceries available to buy or you can go out for dinner. We found the Dog & Duck just outside the forest, to be lovely with great food served, 4-6pm is a better menu for those with kiddies or fussy, the cafe in the Sherwood pines forest visitor centre also lovely. The main hub of the forest is a few minutes walk up from your cabin through one of the many little cut throughs. Walking and biking through the forest was excellent. Can't wait to go back! We had a 6 berth, non-pet, golden oak cabin and it was bliss - heated solid oak floors, log burner, towels (although I took beach towels, flip flops and arm bands for my smallest for the girls using hot tub!) we had complimentary robes & slippers. Take a couple of extra dishwasher tablets & a torch. Spacious, light, modern, airy yet very cosy! thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub and in cabin entertainment is a must for families, although we didn't use the wii it was there for us. Loved it and can't wait to be able to return. Great for de-stress & just forgetting about the hustle & bustle!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rachael P
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your review and congratulations on your recent wedding. We are delighted that you chose Forest Holidays for your “family–moon” and it’s great to hear that it worked out very well for you. It’s lovely to see the children simply enjoying the natural world without lots of distractions, it’s really all they need – apart from the hot tub of course! I hope we will see you all again next year, when you are all ready for another relaxing break.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

A large group of us went in the Tree House lodge for a luxury Hen weekend. We were extremely happy with the lodge especially the hot tub & huge dining table where we spent many a happy meal. A lovely walk from the lodge to Sherwood pines too. The staff in the visitor centre on the site couldn't have been more helpful so altogether a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Nikimansfield
Thank you for your review following your recent break at Sherwood Forest. I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend in the Treehouse; it’s a great choice for a group of friends. I hope you will come and stay with us again in the future to enjoy another weekend of luxury in the forest.

Mildenhall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our visit was a big disappointment due to the cleanliness of the cabin there was a layer of dust on window sills and dirt under the sofa plus floor had not been cleaned in ages, for the cost of the accommodation one would expect better quality. Location was beautiful. The main problem we had was that they are supposed to be dog friendly, yet there is a huge problem between August and November with SCI (seasonal canine illness). There were signs everywhere except at forest holidays premises. We were not advices about this illness, our dog because very ill has to be on a drip and back and forwards to vets, apparently there were others at the same time as we were there. Warning would have been good or even the offer to change our booking or location. This was supposed to be our holiday of the year, to relax and celebrate a birthday, instead it was very stressful and the birthday was spent at the vets. Will try else where in future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am very concerned to hear of your dog’s illness, it must have been a very distressing time for you. Please contact us directly if you have not already done so on customerservices@forestholidays.co.uk so that we deal with your concerns directly.

Sawtry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Myself and my fiancée have just returned from a four night break in Silver Birch 48 and we are gutted to be home! We had such a relaxing time, so peaceful! We turned up at 4.00pm on Monday to check in and after about a 15 minute wait we had received our keys and went to find our cabin. Once inside we were blown away, it was modern and very clean. Our first thing to check was the hot tub, it was so warm we couldn't wait to take advantage of it!

We paid for the entertainment package (films, sports channels and internet) and found the selection of films to be really good, managing to find one and sometimes two films per night to watch. I have read that some people found internet speeds to be slow but I found them to be fine (3mb download at times) which for being in the middle of a forest I found perfectly acceptable. Our cabin was surrounded by about 4 or 5 other cabins but they are well spaced out and we certainly did not feel overlooked.

The hot tub was checked daily, ready for the next dip! I can not recommend this place highly enough and we will be returning and letting our friends and family know about it. I have read some negative comments on this site but we found the staff to be very polite, I guess treat them as you would like to be treated and you will have no problems.

Room Tip: Silver Birch 48, great cabin with plenty of privacy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank peter s
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent holiday with us at Sherwood Forest. I am delighted that you enjoyed your break and that you would recommend Forest Holidays too. I hope you’ll consider us for your honeymoon or even a “minimoon” when you get married. Have a look at our Golden Oak Hideaway cabins over at our Blackwood Forest location in Hampshire, specially designed for romantic breaks.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The location is absolutely stunning and first impression was good, however they let themselves down on the attention to detail. The fitted sheets don't fit the beds so if you turn over in the night you get tangled in the sheet, we stayed for 10 nights and not once did they come to change the towels or linen. The cabin was filthy, my poor baby was constantly covered in dog hair, the tug looked like it had never seen a vacuum cleaner. One of our bikes was stolen, they do tell you to keep them in the cabin, however when there was six adults and a baby in a six berth cabin there just wasn't the room for six bikes as well. Before we arrived I enquired about hiring a baby bath, at an extortionate £5 per day we decided not to bother and we used the family bathroom to bath the baby. The bath took a lot of water to fill, we bathed the baby every day so I'm sure that if they provided the baby baths free of charge a lot of water could be saved.

• Stayed September 2013
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very concerned to hear that you encountered these issues whilst staying with us. Please could you contact us on customerservices@forestholidays.co.uk and we will address your complaint directly.

malta
Reviewed September 22, 2013

this is absolutely the best place to be to unwind and get away from all the busy, noisy lifestyles. Incredible,magical and fabulous. The Forrest is full of natural beauty, and peaceful. The log cabin is deluxe. I travelled with my husband and two kids and there is nothing better to return to your cabin after some nice adventure and find a modern cabin with all extras, floor heating, cosy bathrobes,movies,amazing rooms and most of all a nice real hot tub waiting for you to soak in and relax ,unwind and unfold in the cold air full of different bird sounds and the rustling ginormous trees ,a nice bottle of wine when kids are flat out asleep and a super cosy bed waiting for you to let go and sleep so deep. Wow ,this is the best holiday and it real suits my style.

• Stayed August 2013
I love your description of your holiday; you have captured the magic of the forest. I am delighted you enjoyed your break with your family at Sherwood Forest and made the most of both your cabin, and the great outdoors too. I hope you will come again next time you need a break from the world.

Holiday Advisors Team Leader
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edwinstowe
The Forest Lodge Hotel
Peak Edge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Stonedge
Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway

Been to Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire? Share your experiences!