“Relaxing, luxurious, peaceful, friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edwinstowe
Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire
GreenLeadersSilver level
Linolnshire
“Relaxing, luxurious, peaceful, friendly”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have just returned from five days at Sherwood Forest and I cant wait to book another trip. We have previously stayed at another site down the road!! and I must say I definitely preferred this one. The initial greeting at reception was very friendly and personal (Terry and John) and we then checked in at 2pm instead of the usual 4pm (you have to pay an additional £20 for this but we thought it was worth it as we have two small children). After about an hour Terry arrived to check we were ok and showed us how to use the under floor heating, hot tub and internet connection. The accommodation (silver birch) was fantastic. The cabin is very large, spotless and very luxurious. The extras like the snails climbing the walls (not real)!! bird table, bbq and hot towel radiator were very welcome and handy. The location is so peaceful - we used the hot tub once the children were asleep on the first night and it felt like you were the only ones in the forest, amazing! I cant fault a thing really, apart from think what could make it perfect for us - a bigger shop with more basic stock as the nearest supermarket was about a 20min drive away. A small restaurant as the café on site only did pizza, drinks and pinninis. Other than that, the site was amazing. Lovely park on site and a short walk to the cycling centre where we all went out on our bikes and the children played on the huge outside play area there. All staff were so friendly - the dusk walk was good fun and John was very interesting. I want to book another stay and although we had perfect warm sunshine every day, I bet its also beautiful at Christmas time. I have recommend the site to lots of friends and family who didn't know about it, a hidden gem for sure! Thanks for a lovely restful, fun holiday and see you soon I hope.

Room Tip: all the cabins seemed to be well placed so you felt private.
1 Thank lindalouLinolnshire
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind review following your recent holiday at Sherwood Forest. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and delighted that you have recommended us to your friends and family, for which we are grateful. Christmas in the forest is very special, and very popular too, so you will need to book quickly if you are considering it!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

A great location, absolutely lovely accommodation, very friendly and really helpful staff and loads to do in the forest and surrounding areas. The kids particularly loved the three play parks and tepee building. We were amazed at just how nice all of the staff were!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank R S
Thank you for your review following your break with us at Sherwood Forest. I am pleased that you enjoyed it, and I will make sure the team see your kind comments. I hope you will return for another break with us soon.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'd only travelled an hour to get to this years summer holiday and had the best holiday ever!!! Didn't need to be miles from home, didn't need to be near the sea... Could have been anywhere in the world when I was in my gorgeous cabin or in my luxurious hot tub under the tress! We cycled the forest, had adventures with the rangers, watched deer at night through night vision goggles! It was the most relaxing holiday ever and the best time for me and my 9 year old Daughter. Something for everyone and so chilled!!!!! None of the usual 'can I have, can I have' just a kid loving the forest the way I did as a kid! :D bikes and adventures, den building etc but with that luxury element thrown in! Because we deserve it! :D booking our next stay as soon as possible and have recommended it to everyone we know! Couldn't find a flaw if I tried! Not even the odd rain shower spoilt it - just helped cool us down after getting hot n muddy from cycling :) totally loved it!

Room Tip: All specs of accommodation are amazing. We stayed in golden oak but will stay in silver birch next t...
3 Thank Theresa168
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent break with your daughter at our Sherwood Forest location. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed it as much as you did. It is quite special to see your child absorbed in the sort of outdoor activities we all enjoyed as children, and it’s great to feel that connection. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Been back a few days from a weekend in golden oak cabin 3. Want to go back already! This was my first cabin break and have to say I don't think I can ever do a normal caravan holiday again. Luxury from the minute you pull up in front of your lodge. Gorgeous setting. So peaceful. Plenty of activities should you want them. We walked down to the sherwood pines cycle hire and had a couple of hours on bikes. Lots of walking, the dog loved it. The cabin was spacious, lovely leather couches. Kitchen was very modern and had everything you need. The hot tub just puts the cherry on top! I've been online to book for Christmas but is already fully booked, so have booked for 2014 already. Staff at the retreat were really friendly and helpful and helped make a unbelievable weekend for me and my family. See you again soon Sherwood Forest!

1 Thank Claire K
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent holiday with us at Sherwood Forest. I am delighted that you enjoyed your first cabin holiday and I hope it is the first of many with Forest Holidays. We look forward to seeing you next year.

bucks
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was a lovely stay. Not cheap at nearly £600 for a long weekend but there was only two of us plus pooch. The lodges are well spaced out unlike some forest accommodation one can find. The reception staff were helpful , the 4pm check - in is a pain , however the lodges are huge and must take a while to clean. Well furnished and private and the BBQ and bird table make a lovely addition. Sherwood Pines Centre is a short walk and The Sherwood Forest Centre is 4 miles away. Loads to see and do. The retreat shop prices on site are expensive so pack all you need in advance. Pooches are welcome (at a cost) in all levels of lodge, which is nice to see. Unless you are a bit of a show off the hot tub in the higher priced lodges are unnecessarily in a location that is so beautiful. Each to their own.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mkguyukBucks
Thank you for your review following your recent break with us at Sherwood Forest. I am pleased to hear that you loved the surroundings and enjoyed the peace of the forest. The forest is also great for dogs, so they are always very welcome, (as are their owners!).

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a Silver Lodge for 7 days with 2 x 16 year olds and my husband. The cabin was spotless and had everything you may need, I had taken a few bits ie pizza cutter, whisk etc but I didn't need any of it everything was supplied, even a few tea towels which was handy. The dishwasher was great to. The cabin had two twin bedrooms and the master room with ensuite which was invaluable with 2 teenagers.

We did the night vision walk which was good fun, the only criticism I would have is that there were only 10 goggles to a large group so we had to share. This left quite a few of us waiting around and sometimes missing the action! Maybe it would be better to do it with smaller groups so everyone gets goggles, it was still fun though.

We didn't have any problems with noise and found the whole holiday very tranquil and would most definitely return in the future.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dee428
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent family break with us. We’ll look into getting some more night vision glasses; our Forest Ranger activities are becoming more and more popular. Overall it sounds like you had a peaceful, enjoyable holiday and we look forward to your next visit.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Fantastic stay! I'm 21 and went for my 21st birthday, didn't want a birthday but more of a chill out weekend with my partner & my family.
On arrival I didn't have to wait, signed for my keys and made my way to the cabin, we stayed
In a golden oak cabin, (66, fab location and so private, we paid extra to pick the cabin and I would certainly suggest to do so)... On arrival the cabin was spotless, we stayed in a cabin with 3 dogs, considering the cabin was dog friendly, you wouldn't have the slightest clue any form of animal had stayed in there previously. Beds were very comfortable. Spacious cabin and decking area was spotless. Within minutes of being there, a member of staff arrives to greet us, welcome us and show is how to use things. The weekend was perfect, plenty of places to roam around with the dogs, park areas for the little one who was with us and the best thing is, because the decking area was so private no one was bothering you. We booked a in cabin spa treatment and it was fantastic! Certainly would recommend that too! Overall everything was fantastic, we had a different range of ages (6,21,28,45,67 year olds) and everyone of us LOVED it! Will be back in September for sure !!
Thank you for a fab weekend and a fab 21st birthday!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Njb187069
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Congratulations on your 21st Birthday. I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend at Sherwood Forest. It’s a great idea for a birthday celebration, and the in-cabin spa treatments are a wonderful way to totally relax and feel pampered. We look forward to seeing you again in September.

Kind Regards
Holiday Advisors' Team Leader
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edwinstowe
The Forest Lodge Hotel
Acorn Lodge Guest House
Acorn Lodge Guest House
#2 of 3 in Worksop
Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel

Been to Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire? Share your experiences!