“Beautiful place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edwinstowe
Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Been back a few days from a weekend in golden oak cabin 3. Want to go back already! This was my first cabin break and have to say I don't think I can ever do a normal caravan holiday again. Luxury from the minute you pull up in front of your lodge. Gorgeous setting. So peaceful. Plenty of activities should you want them. We walked down to the sherwood pines cycle hire and had a couple of hours on bikes. Lots of walking, the dog loved it. The cabin was spacious, lovely leather couches. Kitchen was very modern and had everything you need. The hot tub just puts the cherry on top! I've been online to book for Christmas but is already fully booked, so have booked for 2014 already. Staff at the retreat were really friendly and helpful and helped make a unbelievable weekend for me and my family. See you again soon Sherwood Forest!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Claire K
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent holiday with us at Sherwood Forest. I am delighted that you enjoyed your first cabin holiday and I hope it is the first of many with Forest Holidays. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was a lovely stay. Not cheap at nearly £600 for a long weekend but there was only two of us plus pooch. The lodges are well spaced out unlike some forest accommodation one can find. The reception staff were helpful , the 4pm check - in is a pain , however the lodges are huge and must take a while to clean. Well furnished and private and the BBQ and bird table make a lovely addition. Sherwood Pines Centre is a short walk and The Sherwood Forest Centre is 4 miles away. Loads to see and do. The retreat shop prices on site are expensive so pack all you need in advance. Pooches are welcome (at a cost) in all levels of lodge, which is nice to see. Unless you are a bit of a show off the hot tub in the higher priced lodges are unnecessarily in a location that is so beautiful. Each to their own.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mkguyukBucks

Thank you for your review following your recent break with us at Sherwood Forest. I am pleased to hear that you loved the surroundings and enjoyed the peace of the forest. The forest is also great for dogs, so they are always very welcome, (as are their owners!).

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed in a Silver Lodge for 7 days with 2 x 16 year olds and my husband. The cabin was spotless and had everything you may need, I had taken a few bits ie pizza cutter, whisk etc but I didn't need any of it everything was supplied, even a few tea towels which was handy. The dishwasher was great to. The cabin had two twin bedrooms and the master room with ensuite which was invaluable with 2 teenagers.

We did the night vision walk which was good fun, the only criticism I would have is that there were only 10 goggles to a large group so we had to share. This left quite a few of us waiting around and sometimes missing the action! Maybe it would be better to do it with smaller groups so everyone gets goggles, it was still fun though.

We didn't have any problems with noise and found the whole holiday very tranquil and would most definitely return in the future.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dee428
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent family break with us. We’ll look into getting some more night vision glasses; our Forest Ranger activities are becoming more and more popular. Overall it sounds like you had a peaceful, enjoyable holiday and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Fantastic stay! I'm 21 and went for my 21st birthday, didn't want a birthday but more of a chill out weekend with my partner & my family.
On arrival I didn't have to wait, signed for my keys and made my way to the cabin, we stayed
In a golden oak cabin, (66, fab location and so private, we paid extra to pick the cabin and I would certainly suggest to do so)... On arrival the cabin was spotless, we stayed in a cabin with 3 dogs, considering the cabin was dog friendly, you wouldn't have the slightest clue any form of animal had stayed in there previously. Beds were very comfortable. Spacious cabin and decking area was spotless. Within minutes of being there, a member of staff arrives to greet us, welcome us and show is how to use things. The weekend was perfect, plenty of places to roam around with the dogs, park areas for the little one who was with us and the best thing is, because the decking area was so private no one was bothering you. We booked a in cabin spa treatment and it was fantastic! Certainly would recommend that too! Overall everything was fantastic, we had a different range of ages (6,21,28,45,67 year olds) and everyone of us LOVED it! Will be back in September for sure !!
Thank you for a fab weekend and a fab 21st birthday!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Njb187069
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Congratulations on your 21st Birthday. I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend at Sherwood Forest. It’s a great idea for a birthday celebration, and the in-cabin spa treatments are a wonderful way to totally relax and feel pampered. We look forward to seeing you again in September.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have just come back this morning from a 4 night break at sherwood in cabin 20 (golden oak). We went as a family of 4 (2 young boys) and with 2 dogs. The cabin was beautiful, clean and well looked after, fluffy towels and comfy beds. The staff were all really helpful and polite. The hot tub is maintained daily and we all loved it, we had no trouble with noise at all. We had plenty of space, everything we needed, its only a short drive to Edwinstowe which has takeaways, post office, local coop shop and Mansfield has plenty of shops and supermarkets too. Sherwood pines is literally next to the site with plenty to do and some lovely walks for the kids. We bought the entertainment package which was ok, but the internet is so slow. The fridge/freezer is a lot smaller than at other forest holiday sites we've stayed at and im glad we didn't do our shopping before we got there otherwise it wouldn't have all fit in. A perfect family holiday, and i can't wait for the next time we go now.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gemma B

Thank you for your kind review. You have obviously stayed with us at other locations and I am delighted that you all enjoyed your family holiday at Sherwood Forest this time. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our little family of myself, wife, four year old and eighteen month old booked to stay for four nights in a Silver Birch lodge.

We arrived at 3pm and tried to check in although check in was at 4pm. The staff very kindly hurried the cleaning of our lodge up and we were in by 3.40. The member of staff was particularly impressive as he remembered my name when we returned to collect our keys.

The lodge itself was very clean, tidy and well equipped. A member of staff knocked on the door to show us how everything worked- this was a nice touch. The hot tub was great!

The kids enjoyed playing at the boardwalk on the forest and a trip out to Wheelgate Park which was perfect for toddlers.

The on site shop is small and quite expensive, we found a large Tesco five minutes up the road at Ollerton where we stocked up on supplies.

There were no issues with noise on site, it was very peaceful and relaxing.

Overall, it was a great place to visit, would like to come again in the Winter. Was very hot during our break, the hot tub would be amazing in the snow!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Eduardo S

Thank you for your review following your recent family break with us at Sherwood Forest. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location and facilities of your cabin and that you found plenty to do in the area too. Do come back in the winter, the hot tubs are fantastic on a frosty starlit evening once the children are tucked up in bed.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just back from a 3 night weekend stay in one of the Golden Oak 4 bedroom cabins. We cannot fault a thing. The cabin was clean and spacious even with 7 of us, we never felt cramped. Comfortable beds, plenty of bathrooms, and plenty of storage space in all the rooms. The star of the show was the decking and the hot tub, which is where we spent most of our time. Laying in the hot tub looking up at the stars through the trees is a must do thing, bliss! The staff were very helpful when checking in, and the drinks from the bar in the retreat were very reasonably priced. There is a shop on site, however there is a big supermarket within 10 minutes drive so we stocked up there on the way to site. All in all a very enjoyable and peaceful break. My only complaint… and I use the word complaint loosely… I wanted to buy one of the yellow ducks that are placed on the hot tubs but was told you don’t sell them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Samantha H

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Sherwood Forest and found the cabin comfortable and spacious enough for your group of 7. I have to agree with you about stargazing in the hot tub – a great pleasure. Sorry we couldn’t sell you a duck, maybe we should consider stocking them in the shop.

Holiday Advisors' Team Leader

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edwinstowe
The Forest Lodge Hotel
#2 of 2 in Edwinstowe
Dukeries Lodge
Dukeries Lodge
#4 of 6 in Edwinstowe

Been to Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire? Share your experiences!