Dukeries Lodge
Travelocity
$84
$69
Travelodge Worksop(Worksop)(Great Value!)
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel(Sutton in Ashfield)
$50
Travelodge
$117
$209
$174
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfresh cookedshower cubicle was smallpub grubmajor oaktop floorstayed nightssherwood forrestwould stay againbreakfast was includedthird floortea coffeesaturday nightone night staypintlamplodgerefurb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have now had the pleasure of staying at the Dukeries on a number of occasions and feel qualified to make an honest assessment of my time there. I would first like to say that everyone has a right to their personal opinion and also the right to go onto review sites like this and make public their opinions but what may I ask do those who have criticised it recently use for a basis for those opinions????
I do not remember at any point when looking for accommodation in Edwinstowe, seeing a pub that promised five star accommodation, with views of roaming wildebeest on the plains of Africa and cocktails at nine. What I read on the website was a friendly pub with good food and warm, clean, and comfortable en-suite accommodation and a hearty breakfast to boot. As far I am concerned, that was delivered in spades. The staff bent over backwards to make me (and fellow colleagues visiting Edwinstowe for the same reason) feel welcome and treated us in a way that made us feel that we wanted to come back. If your idea of a night away from home is to wake up at nine, go to the pool, have a thirty minute massage and have salmon and pink champagne for breakfast, I would suggest that you may be disappointed. if, however you read closely to what the Dukeries says it will provide on its website, expect it to do exactly what it says on the tin. Therefore I would like to thank specifically Carl, Dave and Lynn for their friendship and providing accommodation and food that more than met my requirements for the time I spent there and the rest of the staff for their professionalism. I will most definitely be going back and would recommend it to anybody who is clever enough to see it for what it is: A good pub with professional staff that provides great food and more than satisfactory accommodation.

Kris H

Room Tip: Remember folks, its a pub!!!! if you want to retire at 9pm expect a little noise from downstairs
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Kris H
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The room we stayed in was very dark, distasteful decor. There was very little room to move around the bed so much so we tripped on the bed valance a few times. Generally dirty, especially the windows, skirtings and bathroom which had mould everywhere. Food was really good and good value for money. Shame that the bar and restaurant areas have recently undergone renovation and no budget was saved to improve the bedrooms. Would not stay again.

Room Tip: Ask to to see the room before you pay. Rooms on back of the building wilk be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having been here on previous occasions and not been particularly impressed (more with the service than the food). Tonight we had two rump steaks and a bottle of wine for £17.50! Who could complain at that deal? The normal red wine was out of stock so the barman found me another. A lovely red wine with perfectly cooked steaks (properly rare) served with chips peas and tomato. Good service from both bar and waiting staff.
A big improvement. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John P
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Having stayed here for one night ahead of a relaxing spa day at centre parcs I can whole heartily say I would not recommend the place! We arrived at 9.15pm due to traffic and were met by 3 staff chatting at the reception desk, we were not given the sole attention of any until shown to our room.

The room was booked as a large ensure double, whilst it was not tiny it had no facility to turn off the only light from the bed and was so narrow there was not space for bedside tables next to the bed to put a drink on, ended up putting on the floor.

I guess all of these things wouldn't have been an issue if a good nights sleep had been achieved but unfortunately the customers in the bar below we're noisy and it appeared that some remained after close, at post midnight a guitar was found and singing commenced. It took banging on the floor with a chair for someone to be prompted that maybe guests might want to sleep. The guitar playing etc stopped immediately leading us to believe it must have been a staff member.

Then at just before 6am fast flowing water from an overflow pipe started and was falling on the pavement outside our room, this stopped as abruptly as it started and half an hour later.

Not exactly the relaxing night I had planned for us ahead of a relaxing day....

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

All i wish to say is, if you are a food lover, not even a fussy one, find somewhere else to eat. We have eaten here on several occasions and each time i'm disappointed, i love the decor it's warm and inviting but i won't be eating the food again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple