Marion's Manor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Clifton Hotel(Mansfield)
View Hotel
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel(Sutton in Ashfield)
View Hotel
All reviewsrobin hoodhome from homeb bsherwood forestericnottinghamshireinternetwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We four chaps escaped from our wives for four nights at this B & B to walk sections of the Robin Hood Trail. We have stayed in many B & B's over the years but this was one of the best for the welcome and the excellent breakfasts.Rooms comfortable and clean.Nothing was too much trouble so many thanks to Marion and Eric who have run this for 18 years.
Tony/Tony/Mike/Roger

Room Tip: Choose a back room as main road to front.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Newforesters
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed at Marions Manor for only one night but felt really welcome. The room was very cosy and clean, breakfast was cooked to perfection, the bath robes made it feel like a five star hotel. Marion was the perfect hostess, will stay again next time we are in the area.
Glynis Morris

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Glynis M
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I arrived quite late about 2300, and was given a freindly warm welcome. My room was large enough for a couple and i'd say you would easily get a travel cot in here too. Im ex-navy and used to a high standard of cleanliness, which is evident here. 10/10.a taxi from mansfield train station is about £15. Its close to sherwood forrest and other attractions. Nicer than travel lodge with a few personal touches.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Mhairi88
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We were let down with our booked accommodation on xmas eve, so we were directed at the local pub to try Marions manor. We were lucky that they had one room left, which when we had a look at it, was so lovely, it was so warm, clean and comfortable, we breathed a sigh of relief. The owner could't do enough for us, and really made our xmas. The room had tea and coffee making facilities, and a modern t v, so we really felt at home.

Room Tip: Didn't see other rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank cassiedog1
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed at Marions Manor for 3 nights 27th Sept-30th Sept 2011. Marion and her Husband Eric were the most excellent hosts and happily picked me up at the nearby station and also gave me a lift to the station on the day of my departure. The room I stayed in was of excellent cleanliness, and was of very high standards. The breakfast was prepared freshly and was fantastic for a full days walking and exploring the nearby forests that I came to visit.
Marions Manor has an excellent location, so if you are relying on public transport you have no problems getting to Sherwood Forest [ 10 mins walk from the guest house] and Sherwood Pines forest you are able to walk to also or catch the bus, Would reccommend Rufford Abbey also , which is only a short bus journey ride away. There is a lovely garden in which I was able to sit in and write my postcards and I will certainly be visiting again.
I will say that any visitors to York, this is an ideal retreat to visit when having been in the City and very easy to get to from York. Marions Manor is a hidden gem in my opinion and if you are a traveller single or a couple/group you carn't go wrong with this guesthouse.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo