“Excellent Grove City Establishment”

Zamarelli's Pizza Palace
Ranked #14 of 119 Restaurants in Grove City
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My family ate there long before I was born and we still do which says a lot. When I was in college and would come home I would always stop by and take a couple pizzas back to my dorm where it was gone in second because the girls LOVED it so much. I now live on the other side of Columbus but whenever I am home visiting I get Zam's! People who complain that they only take cash or check should note that it costs companies to take plastic and to convert their systems and this is a downhome place that probably doesn't make a huge profit like Donato's or Papa John's but in exchange of that SMALL inconvience you get amazing pizza and support a locally owned company.

1  Thank Lori2624
There are newer reviews for Zamarelli's Pizza Palace

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have been getting Zam's pizza since I was a child--it is delicious and reasonably priced! I only wish it had an eating area instead of being only take out. Yummy pizza, lots of toppings, always fresh! Their homemade spaghetti is also great!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My family has been getting pizza and other meals from Zamarelli's for year's. They never disappoint!

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I grew up on this pizza and it remains my favorite. A few things to know, the building is very small. So, there really is no opportunity to dine in. They only accept cash/check. No credit/debit cards. The pizza is greasy. If this is an issue for you, avoid it. Otherwise, it is incredible

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I've lived in Grove City for nine years but never stopped in. Today I was just plain running out of time and decided to give them a try since several friends have raved about the place. Now, bear in mind, if I have the time I'm baking my own pizza on a whole grain crust (not your run of the mill whole wheat flour either, I use spelt flour and it's amazing).

Here's what's good about Zammarelli's:

Plenty of stuff for your money. I stopped ordering from Papa John's years ago (and learned how to make my own pizza) because the more toppings you paid for the less they put on your pizza. Zamarelli's gives you plenty of whatever it is you've asked for.

They have a real pizza oven. Yes, it makes a difference and this is where my good gas range at home, even set at 510 degrees can't compete. I was late picking up my pizza. It was still hot because it was hot, hot, hot to begin with. The crust might have been a little soggy, but.........hey......I was late!

Good ingredients. I had a bacon & mushroom and the quality of the ingredients, including the cheese, was excellent.

Bad?

Well, I was surprised they didn't take plastic, but seriously, if you're wandering around this earth without a 20 in your pocket you are dangerously unprepared. I don't use a lot of cash and I prefer using plastic but every girl knows she needs a backup plan.

1  Thank CrankyOleBroad