“Extreme Grease & Worst Customer Service”

Zamarelli's Pizza Palace
Ranked #16 of 118 Restaurants in Grove City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Columbus, Ohio
“Extreme Grease & Worst Customer Service”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I really don't like giving bad reviews, but I just have to be honest here. This is rated #1 on trip advisor for Grove City so I had to try it. I ordered a large pizza with extra cheese and pepperoni. When I got to the shop to buy the pizza, they sent me back home because I didn't bring cash with me. They don't accept any credit or debit cards. I wasn't super excited about making 2 trips to buy this pizza but I thought it might be worth it since its rated #1. We finally get the pizza home and it has a solid layer of orange grease coated on the entire pie. Some parts of the pizza had NO cheese at all, instead of the EXTRA cheese I ordered. When I called back to complain, the owner offered to have me pick up another one. I told him that I already made two trips out there because nobody told me I had to bring cash. He said, "Nobody told you to come out here with a credit card either!" Needless to say, I won't be eating there ever again and I suggest that no one else does either.

• Visited August 2011
6 Thank DaColetrain

Columbus, Ohio
“"Good, not great..."”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I saw this place was the best place in Grove City according to trip advisor so I decided to give it a try. I have lived in Columbus my entire life and in Grove City for just a few years but had never heard of it. My pizza was good. It had the grease that everyone else has mentioned, which I certainly did not mind. It was cut into squares and had plenty of cheese. However, I feel that there are better places in central Ohio to get your pizza eating pleasure on. Try Minelli's on Sullivant Ave. or Tommy's on Lane Ave. Both places are very similar but in my opinion a little better.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Shamrocket
“The only pizza worth driving to get”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

They have the best pizza I have ever had. This is a mom and pop pizza place that has been around a very long time and they have never delivered. A very small pizzeria enough room for two table.

“Yes it's that good!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Yes it's that good! I have been going there since I was a kid. That's going on some 35 years love it!!!!

Grove City, Ohio
“Make sure you have cash or check!”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

When we went to pick up our pizza, we were told that they do not take debit or credit cards. We had to go to the bank to get cash and come back. By the time we got home, the pizza was cold. This is really something they should tell you on the phone. So many people use debit rather than carry cash or a checkbook.

3 Thank slaudividni