“Not Sure What to Think...”
Review of Fusion steakhouse

Fusion steakhouse
Ranked #19 of 120 Restaurants in Grove City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Our family (3 kids under 10) went here one night for dinner. We had a Coupon deal for the place, and we love habachi.
We made a reservation for 7 for the live cooking side, and still had to wait about 20 minutes...that's extremely annoying to me!
Once seated I was a Little taken back as I watched other tables (for at least 15 minutes before our soup/salad and then chef came out) as they blared loud rap music and squired something into everyone's mouth! I kind of felt like it was a mix between restaurant and raunchy night club! I almost felt like it was inappropriate for my young children to be there
Our chef finally arrived, and immediately he was really friendly and funny, and extra kind to my kids. He was the most delightful part of the night. He was very entertaining, they do toss food at you in addition to the typical habachi routine. And that stuff the squirt in everyone mouth is apparently some type of alcohol. We passed...seemed kind of weird and raunchy to us, not to mention inappropriate in front of our kids to be promoting and pushing "partying". Then to my dismay the chef included my kids in the squirting with a nonalcoholic version....not something I really liked, but I didn't make an issue out of it since technically it was harmless.
On to the food....soup and salad were ok, not the best I've had, rice was really good and not heavy oil like other Japanese steakhouses I've been to, same for veggies they were good but the steak was very good! Ginger sauce was yummy, I didn't care for the white sauce. Overall I thought the size of the portions were smaller than other local Japanese steakhouses but prices were the same.
Would I go here again????? Maybe....my kids thought it was fun, they really liked the chef, and I'm sure they are oblivious to things I thought were a little inappropriate, but I'm not sure of I would take them back. I would consider another visit with friends or on a date night with my hubby if I found another coupon.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am always willing to give a restaurant a second chance if the food is questionable the first time around, but in the Grove City Fusion Steakhouse I'm making an exception. I'd rather spend my money at White Castle.

After reading reports of the Hibachi chefs tossing food at patrons, my mother and I decided to eschew the live cooking experience and dine in the restaurant's menu-driven side of the building.

I should have driven the extra few miles to the east side of town and dined at Ichiban. Their chefs are entertaining, without being "over-the-top", and the food is good.

The Fusion food lacked any dimension and was flavorless. The soup tasted like warm water tinged with a bit of broth and my main entrée was hospital bland. I tried adding soy sauce to liven it up a bit, but to no avail. The server did her best to rectify the situation and said the chef who prepared the meal was rather new, so she took it back to the kitchen for more work. While the meal had slightly more depth when it was returned to me, it still was woefully lacking in flavor and I ended up leaving 2/3 of it on the plate.

On the plus side, the server was very good and the décor was magnificent, but the poor quality of the food will not find me a repeat customer.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family of 5 had a wonderfull dinner. Our service with Ayo was excellent. Our chef very funny and workedhard to make sure everything was just right...He entertained us with skills I have never seen before at a hibachi grill. I thought the prices were very reasonable and we had left overs to take home...not sure why other reviews thought anything was unsanitary...when I looked at the vent hood above the grill it was spotless!!!! Very happy we choose to dine with them and will definitely return.

2  Thank 214LizC
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I've eaten at several Japanese steak houses, this isn't one of them. They blast the music every so often. It's a gimmick to get you to forget the food you're eating is poor quality.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am a new resident to Grove City and I have been on a mission to find my new favorite restaurant. Well, I found it! Fusion Japanese Steakhouse is now my all-time favorite place to go! I will definitely be taking friends and family for all occasions or just a dinner out! The chefs are amazing and they have the sweetest staff! Keep up the great work!

2  Thank Rayne12