“Noisy and poor food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I've eaten at several Japanese steak houses, this isn't one of them. They blast the music every so often. It's a gimmick to get you to forget the food you're eating is poor quality.

1  Thank Michael R

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am a new resident to Grove City and I have been on a mission to find my new favorite restaurant. Well, I found it! Fusion Japanese Steakhouse is now my all-time favorite place to go! I will definitely be taking friends and family for all occasions or just a dinner out! The chefs are amazing and they have the sweetest staff! Keep up the great work!

2  Thank Rayne12
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Having read some very poor reviews on TripAdvisor and elsewhere, i almost cancelled the reservation I had made for our grandson's birthday. But having bought a Groupon, I decided not to let my "investment" go to waste. And how glad I am. All seven of us had a wonderful time and the food was really delish. In fact, my husband says it was the best hibachi meal we have ever had (and we have had quite a few), Ayo was our server and Alan was our chef. We plan to ask for them when we have our granddaughter's birthday dinner there ant the end of the month.

3  Thank SuziW1023
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Fusion gets the lowest mark because of the unsanitary practices and code violations.
Even worse three of the six in our group were stricken with cramps, upset stomach and other known effects Salmonilla poisoning within 30 minutes of leaving the restaruant.
Fusion is a modern spin on the traditional Hibachi at modern prices,

Our 4 meals = Total cost $119 (18% tip included). About $25 per plate.
The price is a bit steep considering we were seated at 3:00pm, well before a dinner rush, etc.
The "chef" prepared all food (except mine), banged his spatula to loud rock music tracks and squirted Saki and green apple wine into the mouths of anyone willing to drink, including a minor, after who knows how many other patrons. FAIL 1 & 2.
We were a party of 4 and dined with another couple at their suggestion before a comedy show. "A show & food and a show with laughs" for Mothers Day 2013.
Since we regularly dine at Hibachi style restaraunts and have always had a positive experiences. We decided to try it out.

I selected a dish prepared by the kitchen, served in a cast iron pot of chicken broth soup with assorted seafood items, shrimp, clams and scallops, Two orders of grilled swordfish, 1 order of grilled chicken along with fried/grilled rice and some mixed vegetable, for my group of 4.
My soup was served in a cast iron pot with noodles and a bowl of white rice on the side. Salad and soup was included with all meals. All were in agreement that the food was flavorful, the meals tasted good going down. (MSG or MSG substitute no doubt). The premeal show by the chef was good for a few laughs, but as the place filled his performance suffered - he quietly rushed through the remained of the meal.
The raw meats and vegetables were piled onto aluminum pizza pans, then stacked on top of each other 4 high and placed on a lower shelf in the cart. FAIL 3 - I regret not speaking up about this unsafe practice, whatever the pan sat on earlier or yesterday was now sitting on top of the raw food my group was now going eat. FAIL 4.
At our end of the table a family of four and a couple were also seated. 3 seperate checks, each ticket was charged 18% gratuity, common practice? Chef made about $50 from our 3 tickets for less than 30 minutes work. The chef did noticed my friends southern ohio accent and made several crack about West Virginia and fathers day. WTF?

1  Thank rcpennington
Reviewed April 27, 2013

First, the decor in Fusion is very nice. The cooks at he Hibachi grills are very entertaining. Overall the food is good and the sushi is also very good. From our experience eating at the sushi bar typically has slow service.

1  Thank Rfannin25