“awful, just awful”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
United States
“awful, just awful”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

if this is an example of what wyndham's microtels are, then i will never stay in one again unless forced to at gun point. the room was tiny (micro even) which was somewhat expected. what was not expected was the stains on the carpet and upholstry, no ashtray in a smoking room, walls so thin i thought i could hear every detail of the "romance" next store, lumpy mattress, and the so-called breakfast was nothing more than cut up value pack cinnamon buns. :( only good thing was the dewy eggberts coffee.

Room Tip: don't.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andy P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Our sincerest apologies for the experience you had while visiting this hotel. Please understand this is not the norm and the housekeeping staff has been spoken to in regards to the conditions of the room. Additionally, we continue to improve our rooms year over year and will take into consideration the need for updates as you've listed. We hope this experience does not impact your decision to stay at another Wyndham property in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a bad experience at Microtel. We checked in on September 27 and check out on September 28 around 5:45 am due to a nightmare from hell. We were planning to stay two nights. But was awaken by bed bugs. I kept scratching my finger and my butt and didn't know why. And when the bumps appear I jumped out of my bed and woke my boyfriend up and stated I think we have bed bugs. He got up and started stripping the bedding and there were bed bugs. My boyfriend went down to the front desk and told the front desk clerk. The clerk response was we don't have bedbugs. So my boyfriend came back up and caught in a cup and we pack our belongings and came down to the front desk and showed the evidence. We ask for our money back. The clerk gave us one night back and stated we have to wait til the manager come in at 9am. So we lived an our away and instead of going home. We left and went and had breakfast and went to Wal-Mart to waist time. And we did return at 9am and there was a different front desk clerk there and was told the manager was in Canada. The front desk clerk called someone by the name of Danny and he stated he will look into this and called us. Here it is October 1, 2013 and we have not heard from anyone. We would like to be refund our money from the first night. I have five bites where I was bitten by the bedbugs. I have pictures of the bed bugs on the mattress.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andy P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Our sincerest apologies for the experience you had while visiting this hotel. Please understand this is not the norm and the housekeeping staff has been spoken to on the proper inspection and care of each room. Unfortunately, as much as we prepare our facility to avoid these situations, they can occur at anytime due to the amount of well-traveled guests we receive at this hotel. Due to the experience you had at our facility, we were happy to refund you in full, and a check was dropped in the mail promptly upon the return of our management. We hope this experience does not impact your decision to stay at another Wyndham property in the future.

Fruitport
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This property filled our needs very well. It would be nice to have a hair dryer and coffee pot in room and more counter space in bathroom.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Spencer
Reviewed August 31, 2013

When I got to my room the bottom sheet had stains on it, one of the pillow cases had what appeared to be mascara on it and the other one had a hole in it. The wasn't a coffee pot, microwave or an iron in the room. I wore yellow socks when I walked around the room and they got black stains on them, so appairently the carpet was dirty like the sheets.
When I called to the front desk about the sheets the cleark brought me clean sheets but I had to make the bed myself. I was not offered another room. The TV was placed above the closet up next to the celing, so high it hurt my neck to even try to watch it. Didn't even know they had a continental breakfast until I read this servey. One of the reasons I booked this place was for the fitness room, what a joke. There wasnt any air, a fan or a window you could open.
I wish now I would have left the firt night I was there but I was just too tired from the trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Lewisburg
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Room was clean and cheerful. Staff always said hello as we passed and were very pleasant. We will be back. Plan to stay here again at Christmas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family