“Good location!”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Shreve
“Good location!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This motel is in a great location for shopping, dining and access to the freeway. Staff was courteous and room was clean and pleasant.

Room Tip: Even though we had a nonsmoking room, there must have been smoking rooms on our floor, as you could...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Was a great price since we were on an extended stay and on a budget! Rooms were clean and nice, not fancy but... Staff was nice and helpful. Easy access to everything in town and freeways. We would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Starterangel
Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Worst customer service ever and poor rooms! Made reservation for late check out, Front desk kept calling room and knocking on door.Answered phone and front desk wanted the $15 for the late check out. Would not wait the 2 hours to get there $15. Could not sleep after getting up. If there $15 is that important they need to get the money upfront. The roooms where on the poor side and where not clean. Will never stay at this hotel again!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ron m
CT
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My daughter and I recently stayed overnight at the Microtel. We would definitely stay at a Microtel again.

Pros:
The room was very, very clean.
Nice, accommodating staff.
Blackout curtains in the room.
Inexpensive.

Cons:
Thin walls. You can hear most of what goes on next door. (We came in after midnight though, and everyone must have been sleeping, so we didn't notice it upon check in).
Outdated kitchen area. This could use an upgrade.

Neutral:
The rooms were small, but I'm used to cruise ship accommodations, so it didn't bother me a bit.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank littlecat123
West Lafayette, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I was there for one night to take my state boards and it was awful. Carpeted floor was sticky. Burn holes everywhere, left over pot from previous guest. Wallpaper tearing off wall. Disgusting stain on the wall above the bed ( use your imagination). Large hole in window screen. A/C unit was dirty. Heard everything from room next door. Slept on top of beds, too afraid to sleep between sheets.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bthorn1

Travelers are raving about these Grove City hotels

On The Road
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have often been curious of the Microtel chain, but I had never really had the opportunity to stay at one.

I was breaking up a long drive a few weekends ago and didn't want to make hotel reservations as I wasn't sure where I would want to stop for the night, so I decided to rely on the Trip Advisor mobile app to guide me to a decent/economical hotel where ever I might end up.

Once I hit Columbus I was really starting to get tired, so I decided to stop for gas - and check out the app and see what was in the area close to me.

I just recently joined the Wyndham rewards program, so I had a few choices in regard to which hotel I wanted to earn points with that night! HAHA

The lowest rate with the best rating in the area was the Microtel - so that made up my mind.

The tiny entry way and lobby was very different for me. I am used to big lobbies, automatic doors, etc etc.

The lobby with tiny, but the staff member at the front desk was very polite, very friendly, and very competent! She made things happen very quickly, and before I knew it I was on my way up to my room with my bag.

I wasn't expecting a huge room, but what I found was so extremely small, that I have literally been in larger closets! HOWEVER, what I found inside the room was very surprising.

Great use of space, all the necessary amenities, and everything in working order!

The linens were clean, the bed was comfortable, the pillows were adequate, and the wi-fi connection was better than average!

I normally don't stay at too many budget hotels, but if I'm only sleeping some place for a few hours, then by all means - I'm not going to spend more the $60.00 or so just for a place to sleep and shower. Plus, budget hotels are often times a little less than 'nice'.

Once again, the Microtel didn't disappoint! The bathroom was absolutely spotless, the sink was clean, and the bathtub was extremely clean and still had a very very faint smell of bleach - which is always reassuring - at least you know it has been cleaned and disinfected! The tile in the bathroom could not have been cleaner! The carpet in the rest of the room was clean.

I was very surprised to find every thing in working order, clean, and above average in functionality!

I think what impressed me most was that they fit 'all of that' into such a tiny space!
The bed, the wardrobe, the desk, the nightstands, and the daybed/window seat (which would be the perfect place for a child to sleep!

Make no mistakes, this is a budget hotel, nothing fancy at all about it! however if you need a place to stay for a few nights, and you are on a budget - by all means this property is more than adequate!

Yes, the property has a little age on it, and all the furnishings had a little wear, and the lobby is a little dated - BUT, all of that isn't anything that will have a negative impact on your stay.

If you are in Columbus or Grove City, OH - and need an affordable place to rest - I suggest the Microtel Inn!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Property has good curb appeal but the interior is past due for a refurb. The other reviews are correct so I won't repeat them. The lady on check-in was helpful and friendly. But the lady the next morning seemed to have been up all night, and hardly spoke. Overall not bad for the $ but will be a lot better if they refurbish the interior.

Room Tip: Request a room opposite the highway.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business