“Wonderful, friendly, helpful”

Holiday Inn Express Grove City
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last night and it was wonderful. I was in town to take my cosmetology exam and was looking for a place last minute. The girl at the front got me into a room right away and they even had a discount for people staying for the cosmetology exam. My room was clean and breakfast was wonderful. Hannah was working at the front when I checked in and when I let and was very friendly. The whole staff was great!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed there this weekend with our golf group. We had 50 guys playing golf for 3 days and stayed at HI Express 2 nights. Outstanding customer service. Stopped by on Friday morning to check on rooms and was a mix up with reservation and the sales manager I made reservations with in Feb. 2013 was no longer with company. New GM handled everything and when we returned from golfing all problems were solved. The entire staff that I dealt with were outstanding. Pam, Melanie and Hannah thank you. Did not meet GM Amber but thanks for making what started out to be a bad experience a great one.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Amber F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review! I know our entire staff was so pleased we were able to turn what could have been a horrible experience into something memorable for your entire group. We are very excited to have you back for your next outing!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

When we stopped here for the night we found they only had a few rooms left. The one regular room was a smoking room and the others were suites. When I said we really needed a non-smoking room I was told that they would just give us a suite at the regular room price. What a wonderful attitude - we will remember this and will go out of our way to stay here again. Stephanie at the front desk was most helpful during our stay and Holiday Inn is fortunate to have her representing them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your five star review. Our staff loves to hear about positive guest experiences. It really makes our day! In fact we start out each morning by reading our customer reviews and hearing we make a difference makes the day that much more enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here on aug 1st and the ended charging me 3 different charges for this one room. Manager was rude and not helpful. Ended up calling corporate to get my refunds. The hotel was under construction so it was very noisy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

I am so very sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay during our management transition. rest assured our entire staff is committed to ensuring the accuracy of every bill moving forward. We so hope that you will give us another chance in the future to show you our new level of service and hospitality.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I typically choose holiday inn express because I know what to expect. It is right off I-71around a bunch of other hotels. We stayed here 2 nights. Theres plenty of stores and restaurants in the area. Before we checked in, we went to a near by target to get some last minute things and grabbed some take out. We pulled into the hotel parking lot, there were large containers in the lot. (Most likely for renovations going on) the lobby was nice. Got to our room, it was nice and clean. I was surprised how comfy the bed was. The room could use updating but there was nothing wrong with it. They are in the process of updating the rooms. I saw some spots in the hall not finished yet. The breakfast was typical of a holiday inn express, adequately filling. Had no time to swim. My wife used half a bottle of shampoo, when we got back later at time, it was replaced by a full bottle (hotel shampoo) but it was put where my wife left the other one. That was nice. If in the area again, will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights here. The hotel is located amongst many hotels, shopping and restaurants...and a BUSY highway. This is our first time at a HI Express and I don't think we will be staying again. We had constant issues with our room key card - it would not work and we had to keep having it exchanged. One time the clerk asked for our home address, we gave it and she said, no that isn't it. Hmm.. yes it is. Finally after several minutes, she says, oh yes, you are right ! I was looking at the wrong thing. 3 days of not being able to easily get in and out of the room. I didn't find the front desk to be very cordial, more like we were bothering them.

Room was nothing special. Small and had the odor of smoke in it though it was a non smoking room. Wi-Fi would not work in our room or anywhere in the hotel ! This was a major inconvenience for us. Apparently the pool was having issues as well. One day it was drained and wasn't able to use it. It was finally filled and all filters left sitting out.

We sat in the lobby chatting with friends one evening - while a certain "lady" was walking the parking lot and coming in/out of the lobby with different gentlemen. The parking lot never felt very safe and it seems part of the fence was knocked down...we heard from others that a few cars had things stolen from them and the police had warned some to not leave any valuables showing ..ie.. gps, phones etc. We never had any issues with our vehicle, thank goodness.

Lots to do in the area -- the kids enjoyed playing putt putt golf!

And we were charged an "environmental fee" each day - what is this for ?? That was a surprise when we got home and actually looked at the bill. Wasn't but a few dollars but still.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BustersBunch
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear BustersBunch,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I apologize for the services that you have received which is not up to your par. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the internet connection and the level of service provided that fell below your expectations has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed for the week. It was a clean hotel, quiet and great customer service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I had a corner suite. Lots of shopping around the corner. Very close to the Interstate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family