“Nice stay”

Holiday Inn Express Grove City
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I typically choose holiday inn express because I know what to expect. It is right off I-71around a bunch of other hotels. We stayed here 2 nights. Theres plenty of stores and restaurants in the area. Before we checked in, we went to a near by target to get some last minute things and grabbed some take out. We pulled into the hotel parking lot, there were large containers in the lot. (Most likely for renovations going on) the lobby was nice. Got to our room, it was nice and clean. I was surprised how comfy the bed was. The room could use updating but there was nothing wrong with it. They are in the process of updating the rooms. I saw some spots in the hall not finished yet. The breakfast was typical of a holiday inn express, adequately filling. Had no time to swim. My wife used half a bottle of shampoo, when we got back later at time, it was replaced by a full bottle (hotel shampoo) but it was put where my wife left the other one. That was nice. If in the area again, will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Grove City

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights here. The hotel is located amongst many hotels, shopping and restaurants...and a BUSY highway. This is our first time at a HI Express and I don't think we will be staying again. We had constant issues with our room key card - it would not work and we had to keep having it exchanged. One time the clerk asked for our home address, we gave it and she said, no that isn't it. Hmm.. yes it is. Finally after several minutes, she says, oh yes, you are right ! I was looking at the wrong thing. 3 days of not being able to easily get in and out of the room. I didn't find the front desk to be very cordial, more like we were bothering them.

Room was nothing special. Small and had the odor of smoke in it though it was a non smoking room. Wi-Fi would not work in our room or anywhere in the hotel ! This was a major inconvenience for us. Apparently the pool was having issues as well. One day it was drained and wasn't able to use it. It was finally filled and all filters left sitting out.

We sat in the lobby chatting with friends one evening - while a certain "lady" was walking the parking lot and coming in/out of the lobby with different gentlemen. The parking lot never felt very safe and it seems part of the fence was knocked down...we heard from others that a few cars had things stolen from them and the police had warned some to not leave any valuables showing ..ie.. gps, phones etc. We never had any issues with our vehicle, thank goodness.

Lots to do in the area -- the kids enjoyed playing putt putt golf!

And we were charged an "environmental fee" each day - what is this for ?? That was a surprise when we got home and actually looked at the bill. Wasn't but a few dollars but still.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BustersBunch
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear BustersBunch,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I apologize for the services that you have received which is not up to your par. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the internet connection and the level of service provided that fell below your expectations has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed for the week. It was a clean hotel, quiet and great customer service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I had a corner suite. Lots of shopping around the corner. Very close to the Interstate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before but, based on this one, will definitely do so in the future. Our room was very clean, including the bathroom. The bed was comfortable with a choice of soft or firm pillows.! We had plenty of space to put all of our belongings. Very friendly front desk staff also!

Great location too - extremely close to major highways and lots of shopping & food options.

Even though this hotel is currently undergoing some renovations, it certainly didn't affect us in any way, so don't let that scare you off. We had a great stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express is currently going through a remodel so I would expect it to be nicer when it is finished. I booked two rooms for a coworker and myself both were confirmed non smoking. When we arrived we were advised that booking a non smoking room is only a request and not a guarantee of that style room. I booked this through Travelosity and I guess that is how the site works....lesson learned on my part. We were relegated to smoking rooms and I probably should have cancelled and kept looking or drive further. If you are a non smokerthese rooms are rough. You cant get away from it. You smell smoke while showering. I cant believe they still allow smoking in rooms given the amount of damage that happens. The beds were older and not what one would expect. Everything else was up to HIE normal standards.

• Stayed: April 2013
Jackpot3951, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We do apologize for the issue that you had of the smoking rooms during your stay. Unfortunately when booking through a third party website some items may be lost within the reservation process. The reservations that came through for your stay were a flow through room which indicates what we have available at the time of booking. I am very sorry that we were unable to rectify this with a non smoking room. Please if you have another stay in our area contact me directly and I will be more then happy to get your into the room of your choice. Thank You again for your feedback.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because I have bad allergies and they don't allow pets. It was exactly what you expect from this chain, relatively average. Front desk girl didn't give us a warm fuzzy feeling when we arrived. I liked the Bath and Body toiletries. We would probably stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share. We at the Holiday Inn Express take pride in our property and customer service. The feedback that you have given us has been relayed to our Front Desk staff and we are striving to always improve. I appreciate that you decided that you would stay with us again. Again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Grove City Ohio.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express Hotels and this one is in a Great location. There is renovations going on that is going to really make one feel at home once they walk into the Reception area. It is very nice and welcoming. As for the room, I walked in and the temperature was nice and comfortable, made me want to immediately kick off my shoes and relax. Nice looking furniture, brought the feel of a living room/bedroom. Most hotel rooms are like a bedroom which makes one feel like it is time for bed but this room made me feel like it was ok to sit in the chair and read and watch TV like you were in a living room. Keep up the good work..

CHUCK

Room Tip: Pick this hotel and you will not be dissappointed
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on Trip Advisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. Thank you for choosing us as your hotel to stay at when you are in Grove City. We look forward to seeing all of our repeat guests.