“Cheap and convenient”

Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here with my son's baseball team for a tournament at Lou Berliner park in Columbus. The hotel is very convenient to the park (one exit South on 71, about 10 minutes away). It's surrounded b y fast food, chain restaurants and shopping including a Walmart SuperCenter and a Dick's sporting goods.
The hotel is fine, very clean. I took the mattress off the boxspring and it was very clean. Our room was 136 right next to the laundry, but still very quiet. The pool was fine. We picnicked with the team in parking lot and nobody said anything, the kids had a blast.
If you're not too fussy, this is a fine hotel for the price. The room had free wi fi and a refrigerator to keep our drinks cold. There is no blowdryer, and the shampoo was measly so bring your own,.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room. I think 118-120 had wood floors. 136 was fine, but carpeted.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cwfjmf
jaynashushi, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know we made your say as comfortable as we could. We hope you allow us to be your choice of stays in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I used to think Red Roof Inn was a decent deal: Bare bones, but reliable.

Lately, Red Roof seems to have decided they can charge more if they add perks... but are they abandoning the quality of the basics?

THIS Red Roof Inn, in Grove City at Stringtown Road, is one of those RRIs that think they have become "upscale," and they charge a higher price because of it. But-- the basics are *gone.*

The room I stayed in (last night) had a 'fridge and a kitchenette... but there was no light over the sink (broken), the stopper on the sink was broken (I had to pry it out with my finger nails), the toilet was cantankerous (you had to hold the handle *just* *right* or it wouldn't flush). The bathroom smelled of sulpher. The free WiFi was VERY slow (just downloading my mail took a good bit of time). The mattress was ancient and unsupportive.

Three of the problems above could have been reported by the housekeepers and fixed, but I guess that kind of attention to detail isn't required or appreciated by management.

Oh-- and-- By what time must you call to cancel? 10 pm? 6 pm? No-- 24 hours in advance! Sounds like they have a rather inflated sense of themselves.

The roads around this inn are maze-like, but the hotel is ill-marked.

I'd suggest staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
jaynashushi, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay.

We have been in touch previously, I would like to let you know we are correcting the areas you have outlined for us. We are renovating the property and replacing all mattresses within this renovation.

Again, We do apologize and hope you allow our inn to be your choice in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The sheets are thread bare, the carpet dark with age and too many feet, the pillows were tired and thin, the heater was missing knobs and was very dirty inside, the light in the bathroom all but non-existent. The sink and counter looked new, as did the tub and surround, however, with the nasty bed, carpet and heater greeting you it gave an overall impression of scuzzy. You don't want to take your shoes off or sit on the bed.
We rented this room as a control for cyclists to get their arrival cards signed. I'd rather pay an extra $20 and go a few yards down the road to the Hampton.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
jaynashushi, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

We strive to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible. Our rooms and front desk lobby area are being renovated now. We are unsure of how long this process will take, we hope that in the future you allow us to be your choice of hotels. Thank you for your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed two months ago for the first time. And again three times after that. I travel to columbus two to three times a month on business. The staff at this Red Roof was andis great! Very friendly. The second time i stayed i had a slight issue with a room and called front desk right away. I spoke with the manager Renee, she was sure to take care of it right away. When the maint. man came to fix our issue it was within mins of requesting it to be done. Im not a very patient man so this is a plus for me. Along with the friendly staff is a excellent location. There are many restaurants within a mile or so near by as well as plenty of lounges. I will definitely be back. Great job guys!

• Stayed: April 2013

It's great to know that staff has made your stay that much better. We strive to make every guest feel as comfortable as they are at home. Your review will be passed on to the rest of the staff so they are aware of there good work. We will see you soon hopefully. Thank you again for your stay!!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Was very disappointed in this Red Roof. The room had the old style furniture (seen better days) and the carpeting was old and worn. Had to call the front desk about barking dog in the next room because the owners went out and left the dog in the room. The staff was courteous, but the unit just needs updating, just not up to current Red Roof standards. Will not stay there again until improvements made.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
jaynashushi, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

First of all thank you for your feedback!

I would like to apologize for your noise issues during your stay. Our standard procedure would be a change of room. We do not allow pets to stay in the rooms unattended and we will certainly use this as a training exercise for our employees.

You may be interested to learn that just this week we have started refurbishing our guest rooms as well as our lobby. This will take place for the next month or possibly two. We hope that you will allow us to be your choice of stay in the future.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope the remainder of your trip to Grove City, Ohio was most enjoyable.

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

basically a re modeled Motel. 2 buildings 2 floors each all outside access as typical with red roofs terrible breakfast : just muffins and such in cellophane bags coffee is at least the right color. not terrible just nothing particularly good about this place

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I prefer to travel simply and without fuss. I work for a company that has a Red Roof Inn corporate discount so whenever I travel, I search for a RRI location with a good reputation and book it. This location was no exception.

The location was in a safe area and close to the highway, probably a 10 min. drive into downtown, if that. The room was clean (save for the cigarette burns in my friend's comforter, which had clearly been laundered but still, not something you'd want to see, regardless of price point) and simple. The lobby was the nicest, most modern I've seen at any RRI I've stayed in. I really liked the water pressure in the shower, something that is lacking in most motels/hotels.

I don't foresee myself returning to the Columbus area soon but if I needed a place to stay again, I will re-book with the RRI - Grove City.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends