“Great stay!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus - Grove City
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Grove City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
WI
Reviewed August 12, 2013

First stay at La Quinta, was recommended by family in the area. Pros: rates were affordable, rooms were clean, close to lots of restaurants and shopping. Cons: sofabed very uncomfortable, breakfast not very good with no a lot of options.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Switz City, Indiana
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel is very clean with very nice, large king executive rooms. We travel with our little dog, the outside space is well lit and the stair way is clean, too. The hotel has three floors, a nice hot tub and pool. The elevator is good size and fast, the front desk is very helpful. The bed was very comfortable and I liked the lay-out of the room. The bath then the sitting area then the bed area. This helps when the hubby get up early. The breakfast could use some meats and eggs, it had boiled egg and cereals with some fruits. Check in was quick and so was check out at 11 am. Hotel is near lots of other hotels, shopping on the same road. Lots of eating close by, if you use a gps it's better to go past first left turn, turn left at the light. Go out the same way and use the light if you need to go south on the inter-state. The price is very good for the area. We will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I hadn't stayed at a La Quinta, but this inn seems to have a good reputation. We were visiting friends on the southside. We usually pick Groveport since Grove City is very congested, hard to get around in. Safer, cleaner area than Groveport and the price of lodging is around the same price so... went for it.

The room was very clean and the maid had no prob giving us extra coffee bags since we were staying 2 days and they hadn't been supplemented when the room was cleaned. Like another reviewer said, pool area was great, but hot tub surface is very scratchy - messed up our suits even. Ran into this too at the Groveport hotel so maybe it's a common thing. Another issue - I chose to spend a little more to get what I thought was a better yet family-friendly hotel than the average in Grove City. On the first afternoon of our stay, I was near the front desk waiting for my kids and wife who were getting snacks from the vending machine. I couldn't help but do a double-take at the occupants of the lobby - two older touristy looking men and a few young women who just by their attire I guessed were prostitutes. They were talking loudly with a lot of swearing thrown in. Front desk dude asked me if anything was wrong. I nodded in their direction and he went into a speech about how prostitution should be legalized. I stood there openmouthed. I'm not a conservative but that doesn't mean I feel comfortable with my family being around women who make their livings having sex with strangers. What was really bad is that I could tell the dude either has made this speech before or it was well-rehearsed. I felt very uncomfortable after this incident almost to the point of leaving, but my kids howled in protest as they'd already made friends at the pool. We did avoid the lobby and front desk as much as possible.

I chalked it up to the fact that Columbus is a large city. It is liberal for Ohio. I know that there was a rash of serial murders of prostitutes a few years ago in Columbus and that some were pushing for legalization in the city at that time. However, I don't like being put on the spot when it comes to protecting my kids. Also, they may not have been soliciting at that time, but what about PDA? I would think that extends to the public areas of hotels. I read about this sort of thing in the reviews of northside hotels - Worthington and even Dublin which I'd thought were nice areas (?). That is why we chose this location (that and our family is on the southside) even though there are the malls and cooler stores up there.

All in all we had a nice stay, but I hope the lobby ordeal is an isolated incident. If this happens there then I have to guess it is welcome at even more expensive hotels in the area. Guess it's just an urban thing and now a suburban thing and I've just been lucky enough to avoid it before.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family