“The Worst” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Grove City
Huntington, West Virginia
“The Worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Room smelled terrible. Toilet seat was broken. Was afraid to take shoes and socks off because the floor looked dirty. And the bed...wow...the bed. I've never slept on anything more uncomfortable. I was going to sleep in the floor but I was afraid it was really dirty. I've honestly slept in foreign countries on the ground and it was more comfortable.

This hotel honestly needs a complete renovation. I'll pay $10-$20 more per night and stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: I doubt there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Andy0440, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Grove City Columbus South, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Your insightful feedback regarding your hotel experience is very much appreciated by us. Thank you for making the effort to bring your concerns to our attention. We however apologize if you found your stay disappointing and inconvenient; rest assured that the issue regarding the room cleanliness in total will be subject for evaluation. We wish to let you know that your voice is very important to us, and we will make necessary actions to ensure that such concerns will be corrected in the best possible way. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to improve in the delivery of our services, and we do hope that you’d reconsider visiting us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Ants in the room. Sewer smell in the bathroom. Tub wouldn't drain. The place was very dirty and had unsavory people wandering the halls. Dont waste your money no matter how much of a discount you get. I am DONE with ALL Days Inn. And Management: please don't post your stock response of "under new mgmt, blah, blah, blah. " if you really want to do something, look across the street at the Comfort or Drury Inn and take some notes.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
To hear that we fell short in meeting your expectation is indeed regrettable. We wish to extend our sincere apology for failing to provide you with the service of your liking. The opportunity you gave for us to correct our deficiencies is greatly appreciated and we would like to thank you for making the effort to bring this matter to our attention. We would further assess and evaluate the points you raised regarding the room accommodation in total, so that we may be able to provide you a far better experience should you visit us again next time.

Travelers are raving about these Grove City hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Disgusting common areas with a horrible stink of cigarettes and grime, clean sheets but that's about it. Bathroom had grime in the corners of the counters, the paint job-not just in the room but throughout the building looked like someone threw up the colors. Whoever did it never understood the paint-by-numbers concept. Toilet didn't work, easy fix by just adjusting the chain (I'm sending the bill in the mail, Days Inn) but I decided that I didn't need to tackle the horribly slow shower drain.

The night auditor was nice, but apparently people didn't like me or my car for some reason because two boxes of popcorn and a can of cola were poured and discarded on the roof of my vehicle. I only stayed there for 6 hours, imagine what the other clients or locals will do with a longer time frame in this dark, insecure lot. Avoid it for that reason alone.

Overall, it was a real dump. Not the worst, not filthy by any means but just not clean.

Did I mention that push handles to open doors should open them? Well, not in this place.

Buyer beware.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Andy0440, Manager at Days Inn Grove City Columbus South, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
We are very regretful that you had this experience at our hotel. We are new management and just took over in first week of June 2013. We will try to improve in every way that we can and make our guest stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please give us a second chance and visit us in the future and rate accordingly. Drop me a personal email to digc0440@gmail.com once you make reservation and I will personally take care of your stay. Thanks for your comment and I will look forward you to serve you better in future.