“My #1 Choice in Grove City”

Travelodge Grove City / So. Columbus
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Monterey, California
“My #1 Choice in Grove City”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Over the years, after staying in several more expensive hotels in Grove City, I decided to give the Travelodge a try. My first stay was in 2010 & I have stayed with them ever since. With family living in the area, I spend 5 weeks/year in Grove City. Walking into the lobby on my 1st visit, I was greeted by the owner Al. As a woman traveling alone, feeling secure & safe was important to me as well as a clean room & comfortable bed. The building is well lit & well monitored with security cameras. The room is almost twice the size & 1/2 the cost of the more expensive hotels in the area. ALL of my needs are continually met at Travelodge. Al, his wife & staff feel like family & regardless of my need or request, they respond immediately and are incredibly gracious. The beds are clean & comfortable, Al put new flat screen TV's in all the rooms, there is a microwave & fridge in the room that I use daily, the bathrooms are clean & up to date. I highly recommend you give them a try! Lisa in Monterey, California

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Travelodge1, Owner at Travelodge Grove City / So. Columbus, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
I always pleasure to have you as guest at our Travelodge Grove City and thanks for sharing your experience at our Travelodge Grove City. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our location. Plus, it's reassuring to hear positive feedback on our staff's hospitality. That's a priority for us. I can't wait to welcome you back to see us soon.
Thanks again! We look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed February 16, 2013

this travelodge was clean, the bathroom, the room, the bed, .nice beds, we had 2 queen bed on the 1st floor 104, we were shopping and going to a movie and called for a late check in, and ask them to warm up the room , and they did, when we go to the hotel the manger had warmed up room for 2 hour! its was great, on a cold night. we got up packed and the front desk call us to see if the room was ok , wow they care. nice shower in the morning, new shower head and bathroom.
Great price and for the money you save you go to one of the30 restaurant to go to breakfast. we will stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Travelodge1, Owner at Travelodge Grove City / So. Columbus, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I would like to take this time to personally thank you for your Review. We know that you have many choices when traveling and your business is very much appreciated. We hope you enjoyed your stay, and that our hotel property and staff exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Grove City , and we hope to see you again soon!
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling that is not familiar with the area and is worried about cleanliness or bugs. I booked a hotel at Super 8 and when I arrived found out they had bed bugs and that most of the hotels in the area had them. I found traveLodge and so glad I did it was clean, no bugs and the staff were so nice and accommodating. I found a great place to stay at a great price when I am in the Columbus area. Al was the nicest guy and so helpful. He really cares about his guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Travelodge1, Owner at Travelodge Grove City / So. Columbus, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks for the review and vote of confidence that "we're worth it." Bringing good value to our guests is always important to us. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in other hotel I hope you did mention to the manager of that property so that they can take care of the problem.
But I like to add one thing that all the hotel owners in grove city are working hard to keep the property clean and on top we have three inspection one from health department , second from local fire department and third from state fire marshal they all come and check physically the entire property make sure the property is clean and bugs free.

I also like add that only Grove City has health inspection in entire Franklin County. The City Of Grove City makes sure that all the travelers and who stay in hotel is safe and secure.

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Grove City. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.
COLUMBUS
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stay at this motel about once a week. The staff treats you like you are family. If I ever have an issue the staff takes care it as quick as possible. I enjoy staying at this location and enjoy the area that it is located in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Travelodge1, Owner at Travelodge Grove City / So. Columbus, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for being a repeat and loyal Travelodge Grove City guest. We are ecstatic to hear you enjoyed our newly upgraded guestrooms. We look forward to another opportunity to repeat that experience for you.
Dayton
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I've been traveling a lot this year for family and school. When I travel alone, I try not to spend a lot of money while maintaining safety and comfort. Most of the reviews I saw on this Travelodge stated how clean it is, and how comfortable the bed is, and they were right!

I did wax nostalgic when I entered my room because it isn't the big, fancy rooms you see in new hotels. Rather, it is an older hotel and reminded me of family vacations when I was a kid, but with updates. The walls and ceiling are all plastered--no popcorn accoustic panels overhead. Still, it was one of the quietest motels I've ever been in. On occasion, I would hear water running to another room or traffic on the highway ramp. In the room was a really nice refrigerator that did not freeze my juice, a microwave and coffee maker. For entertainment, there was a flat-screen TV and a CD player!

Although the motel is older, there are many updates. The lighting is wonderful--both overhead and freestanding lamps. The bathroom and sink area are new, with solid countertops, and ceramic flooring from one end to the other. And, as a nice touch, each of the two hand soaps are cradled in fancy-folded washcloths.

Did I mention the shower? It had water pressure unlike any other overnight stop I've experienced! It was wonderful!

The staff are friendly, and accomodating. The key-card locks actually work the first time you use them. Breakfast was all right; bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, juice, milk, coffee and boiled eggs in the refrigerator. No, it wasn't a banquet, but it was something to get me going in the morning.

On the downside, I was traveling in 13 degree weather outside, and I think when I entered my room it was maybe 40 degrees inside. I had homework to do and ended up working at the desk in my room wearing my parka. Not fun. When I got too cold, I got some dinner and returned, only to find it was still cold in the room. Must have taken about 4 hours to get to the point where I could remove my coat.
Since I am planning to stay here a few times in the next 6 months, I asked if it would be possible to call ahead and have them turn the heat on for me on days I would check in, and the clerk said that would be no problem.

Overall, it was a nice stay with a clean, clean room; comfy bed and once the room warmed up, ti stayed warm. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Call ahead to have heat or AC turned on at least an hour before you check in to have a comfortable r...