“I stay at this motel about once a week. The staff treats...”

Travelodge Grove City / So. Columbus
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stay at this motel about once a week. The staff treats you like you are family. If I ever have an issue the staff takes care it as quick as possible. I enjoy staying at this location and enjoy the area that it is located in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelodge1, Owner at Travelodge Grove City / So. Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for being a repeat and loyal Travelodge Grove City guest. We are ecstatic to hear you enjoyed our newly upgraded guestrooms. We look forward to another opportunity to repeat that experience for you.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I've been traveling a lot this year for family and school. When I travel alone, I try not to spend a lot of money while maintaining safety and comfort. Most of the reviews I saw on this Travelodge stated how clean it is, and how comfortable the bed is, and they were right!

I did wax nostalgic when I entered my room because it isn't the big, fancy rooms you see in new hotels. Rather, it is an older hotel and reminded me of family vacations when I was a kid, but with updates. The walls and ceiling are all plastered--no popcorn accoustic panels overhead. Still, it was one of the quietest motels I've ever been in. On occasion, I would hear water running to another room or traffic on the highway ramp. In the room was a really nice refrigerator that did not freeze my juice, a microwave and coffee maker. For entertainment, there was a flat-screen TV and a CD player!

Although the motel is older, there are many updates. The lighting is wonderful--both overhead and freestanding lamps. The bathroom and sink area are new, with solid countertops, and ceramic flooring from one end to the other. And, as a nice touch, each of the two hand soaps are cradled in fancy-folded washcloths.

Did I mention the shower? It had water pressure unlike any other overnight stop I've experienced! It was wonderful!

The staff are friendly, and accomodating. The key-card locks actually work the first time you use them. Breakfast was all right; bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, juice, milk, coffee and boiled eggs in the refrigerator. No, it wasn't a banquet, but it was something to get me going in the morning.

On the downside, I was traveling in 13 degree weather outside, and I think when I entered my room it was maybe 40 degrees inside. I had homework to do and ended up working at the desk in my room wearing my parka. Not fun. When I got too cold, I got some dinner and returned, only to find it was still cold in the room. Must have taken about 4 hours to get to the point where I could remove my coat.
Since I am planning to stay here a few times in the next 6 months, I asked if it would be possible to call ahead and have them turn the heat on for me on days I would check in, and the clerk said that would be no problem.

Overall, it was a nice stay with a clean, clean room; comfy bed and once the room warmed up, ti stayed warm. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Call ahead to have heat or AC turned on at least an hour before you check in to have a comfortable r...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write review. We would like to address your concerns as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. In order to continually improve upon our services, we rely heavily on feedback from our guests; your business is very much appreciated

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Grove City , and we hope to see you again soon!

A Wyndham traveler
UPPER SANDUSKY
Reviewed January 5, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelodge1, Owner at Travelodge Grove City / So. Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We travel through Ohio at least twice a year, and the Travelodge has provided better service than some resort hotels, at a very reasonable price. I was surprised to find flatscreen TV's at a Travelodge.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for sharing your experience at our Travelodge Grove City. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our location. Plus, it's reassuring to hear positive feedback on our new upgrade like flat screen tv. That's a priority for us.

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Grove City. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Looking for a less expensive place to stay for a week, we were fortunate to find this Travelodge.
Very clean and well kept with updated decor.
Comfy beds and nice linens, Alarm clock with a CD player, Nice fridge, microwave, larger size flatscreen TV and a coffee maker. GREAT shower.
The staff was very attentive and helpful.
We were only disappointed with one item.
The towels are VERY rough and cheap, and number one on our all time worst list.
Don't expect much regarding the continental breakfast.
Other than that, We highly recommend this motel.

P.S. There is a GREAT homestyle cooking 24 hour restaurant called TeeJaye's a block away.

Room Tip: Since a second floor is available, I recommend asking for it for no overhead noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

I just wanted say thank you for your review. I so greatly appreciate for your business, and we
will do our very best to continue to serve you again.

We value your business, and would like to address your concerns as quickly as possible.

Reviewed November 21, 2012