“Great Budget Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Berea, Ohio
“Great Budget Hotel”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend trip to Columbus. Great location, clean hotel, indoor pool & hot tub, friendly, honest & helpful staff. Perfect for the budget traveler. When I got home I realized I left something at the hotel, I called the hotel & was advised they did have it and would return it to me. The honesty & customer service they provided after the fact of my stay is what makes this a 5 star to me.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Kristen K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cincinnati
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We needed a place to stay near Columbus as we go up to see Shadowbox Live's regular performance on Saturday evening and then come back for their musical matinee on Sunday afternoon. This time they did Rent and it was fantastic. Anyway, something was going on in Columbus that all downtown, Brewery district hotels were booked so we stayed 10 minutes out in Grove City. The Comfort Inn was clean, the room was well laid out and the bed was comfortable and it was very reasonablly priced. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank dsazimm
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Last week we went to Ohio.. in the winter... to attend a Funeral in Grove City. We usually stay with friends when visiting the Columbus area , but this time decide it would be easier staying in a motel.. We choose the Comfort Inn and it was a very good decision.. We first checked the room before checking in and it was just what we were looking for without paying alot of money. Wonderful, new, king bed, and a business chair that really was nice with a bad back.. The couch with clean and nice and the refrig. was clean and newer.. We had planned on staying 2 nights and choose to stay 4.. Earned enough points to stay in another Comfort Inn Free when traveling this Spring..

Room Tip: Try the Rooster's on the other side of the freeway for a great dinner.. Ice cold beer and great...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank mtnestgirls
Ada, Ohio
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have family in Grove City and were going to the Buckeyes game and tailgaiting all day on the Saturday. We arrived early on Friday, (before normal checkin) and the front desk, checked us in and UPGRADED us to a suite!! The hotel was just perfect for the weekend for us!! We were close to our family, enjoyed downtown Columbus on Friday evening and then up early to set up tailgate on Saturday.... GO BUCKS!! Rooms were very clean, bed and pillows, clean and very comfortable..... flat screen tv... and breakfast in the mornings and all this for a great rate!! !! Can't ask for more.
We will stay again on our next trip to Columbus!!.

Room Tip: We always want a King Room!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank sandyr421
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I just returned from the Columbus, Ohio area. We made reservations on the phone, and were quoted a price. When we arrived, the young man at the desk charged us a higher rate. Trying to explain that we had a lower rate got us nowhere. He simply did not care. I would advise people not to make reservations over the phone, but rather online so that you can print a copy of your room rate. I can't say for sure that this clerk would have honored it, but he knew we called in to reserve, therefore we had no paperwork. He just kept saying "bring me a paper showing the lower rate and I'll change your bill".
The hotel had many guests who were participating in girls' softball competitions. One morning I went by the check-in desk and heard parents or chaparones complaining that they were charged a higher room rate for the exact room as other team members. This time it was a young woman at the desk, but her attitude was the same as the man we dealt with - she did not care. Although there was a language barrier issue with both the clerks, I don't believe that led to the rate discrepancies . One of the softball women asked to speak to the manager, and the clerk said he wasn't in. The woman then asked when he would be in so she could speak with him, and the clerk said "he's on vacation". The woman said "of course he is" and the group walked away saying there was no point because clerks and management did not care.
I could not find the hot tub, and after reading these reviews I know it's because there isn't one at this hotel. The indoor pool was the smallest one I've seen at a hotel - ever.
The free continental breakfast was adequate. Just don't count on getting fresh fruit. I expected to find bananas offered, but we stayed 6 nights and had breakfast at varied times and I never saw a banana. There was a basket that had unappetizing apples and oranges in it. By the 6th morning I wondered if the apples & oranges were made out of wax since the basket and fruit never looked disturbed. I don't think anyone took fruit from that basket. I did not try the orange juice, but I heard a guest say "this is watered down" after she took a drink of orange juice.
Our housekeeping staff was very pleasant, and the location of this Comfort Inn was very close to many restaurants and stores, including a Walmart. As others have said, it was also convenient to the highway. I did not find the mattress or bedding to be anything special. Our toilet handle constantly got stuck in the down position and we had to jiggle it to get it to stop running.
Final note: Set your expectations quite low, and you may not be disappointed.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Belpre, OH
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights for daughters dance competition at Columbus Convention Center. (About 10 minutes away, easy to get to) $80 a night for 2 queens & sofa bed. Clean hotel, friendly staff. Several good food choices within walking distance. Indoor pool. Breakfast was ok but not as many choices as some other hotels. Only problem was we are not smokers so it was obvious to us that someone had been smoking in the 2nd floor hallway both days but we did not detect the odor in our room. Overall decent hotel for the price and we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank impalaragtoplover
Winnipeg
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We stayed here on our back home from along holiday. Quick review nice location close to hiway clean building great beds small indoor pool very low presure shower. Would recommend for a quick night

• Stayed March 2011