“I would stay here again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Columbus South

Hampton Inn Columbus South
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Grove City
Richmond
“I would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Our room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. Enjoyed our stay very much. We'll stay here again when we visit the Columbus, OH area. Liked the fact that the Hampton Inn is only 6 miles to downtown, straight shot on I-71 N.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Great job with the renovations! Had stayed prior and just stayed again after and it really made a great improvement to the hotel. Called ahead and mentioned that I was traveling with elderly and they couldn't walk far- they had us booked right by the lobby which I couldn't have asked for better! Staff as always were great and friendly. Would stay again the next time we are in the area. The price we paid was just right for the room.

Stayed January 2014
Huntington, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

With its recent renovation, the Hampton Inn in Grove City has a warm welcoming atmosphere. The staff is consistently helpful to guests.Although it is not central to Columbus, the city is still accessible and there are many businesses along STringtown road.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Decatur , GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is located on a main street where every type of restaurant and food place is located. It is also near many stores for shopping. If you like Sushi, the American Bistro which is just past Applebee's has excellent sushi.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Pittsburgh, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Be careful of rate quotes. When you get a quote make sure that you get the same rate for additional nights when the hotel is not that busy. Always get a copy of anything that you sign. The room was good because it was just remodeled.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Rozanc,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback which will help us improve our guest experience. I’m very sorry if there was any discrepancy regarding the rates you were offered. Our rates do vary depending on the demand in the area and what type of room is booked. The original rate that was quoted to you was only for 1 night as you requested. The next 2 nights were the higher demand nights for the area. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Monalisa Cassell ~ General Manager
Ph: 614-539-1177
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Because of the renovations and construction, I stayed at a nearby Hilton property for the past year. This was my first stay after several months and I got one of the new rooms. The hotel was in need of an update and so far it looks great. The staff is still as amazing as I always, especially Sue, who is in charge of breakfast. She is always smiling and makes this place feel like home. She likes to interact with guests and is very liked by all of us. It means a lot to know that she is always ready with breakfast at 05:45, so for some of us that need to leave at 6:00 to our appointments, it gives us a start of the day with a warm breakfast. She never fails. The doors in the room are still the old ones and they don't close properly. I was told that as part of the renovation all rooms are getting new doors and new locks. In my room I could feel some tobacco smell. Not sure if before it was allowed to smoke in some of the rooms but I was really happy to see now all doors with a Non Smoking sign. The addition of a third floor and elevators in the new area will be a great addition. I’m looking forward to stay in the new area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Memphis, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel was under construction so the paint fumes were bad and lobby and stairways were dirty. The side door did not close due to the extention cords so anyone could enter the hotel. I stay at may Hamptons as it is my hotel of choice so I was displeased with my stay on this trip but I know this is not the norm for Hampton i will continue to Hampton as my hotel of choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Barbara M.,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by the construction that we are currently undergoing. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I do regret if this caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you we are doing everything we can in order to finalize our remodeling as quickly as possible.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Monalisa Cassell ~ General Manager