“Great place to stay”

Hampton Inn Columbus South
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The employees are very courteous and helpful. Lovely place to stay. If in the area would choose them again. Glad we chose them. We found the handicap accessible rooms to be very comfortable. Great selection of food for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel the night before we had to go to our state board examination for cosmetology. It was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was great, they had a decent amount to choose from. It saved us time and releived some stress in the morning while we were trying to get ready to get to our testing area (which was conveniently right down the road from the hotel). I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

When we arrived there were several softball teams. The players were everywhere but the parents were partying in the parking lot. The front desk clerk was nice but I hgad to personally go out several times during the night to ask the players to quiet down and not run down the hallway. Since the hotelis being renovated the hotel decided to take down all the parking lot security devices and neglected to inform guests of this...yes, I went to get our vehicle to load our luggage and found it had been broken into and several things missing. I would not not recommend this place!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Rick E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It appears we fell short in meeting your expectations and for this we sincerely apologize. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming and comfortable stay with us.

Please accept our apologies for your disappointments. Be assured, your feedback is greatly appreciated as it is through feedback such as yours that enables us to focus on opportunities for improvements.

Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Monalisa Cassell ~ GM
p: 6145391177

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recognize that the hotel was undergoing renovations. However there are several other hotel properties priced similarly who were not, making this stay very poor value. This was a very poor experience. Overall I would rate this stay at a "D" to "D-" due to the condition of the room. The only saving grace was the staff who were extremely professional and courteous. Again, I am aware that the hotel is under romodeling. All the more reason to pay closer attention to maintenance details such as 1) HVAC (the noisy room A/C was either off or full blast to maintain room temperature. It was also located within 18 inches of the work space making it impossible to work at the desk)... 2) The internet was intermittant ...3) The bathroom was in need of caulking and paint.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Omelio D,

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by the construction that we are currently undergoing. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I do regret if this caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you we are doing everything we can in order to finalize our remodeling as quickly as possible.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Monalisa Cassell / General Manager
p: 614-539-1177

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel was quite and comfortable even with the hotel undergoing a exterior facelift. Hotel staff welcoming and pleasant and the free breakfast was a step ahead of the others in the same area. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and CLEAN and the AC worked well during the 93 degree day I was there.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

we had a good stay besides all the construction that went on. need add'l shelves and/or closet space in the rooms, along with a larger garbage can in main room. good selection of breakfast foods. friendly service. parking could have been better. hotel location was perfect except for the main roadway, made it difficult to go left on the main strip - you had to go right and cross over the interstate and turn around to get to many stores and restaurants. all entrances to stores, hotels, restaurants, etc spilled out onto the main road - no side entrances and/or side street

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Cathy B,

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Monalisa Cassell / General Manager
p: 614-539-1177

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Only problem was uncomfortable bed. Too stiff. Everything else was very nice. Clean rooms, good breakfast, and helpful, congenial staff. There is easy access too the highway and the places we spent time while we were there. There are many choices for dining out in close proximity of the Hampton Inn.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grove City
#9 of 17 in Grove City
Hampton Inn Columbus West
Hampton Inn Columbus West
#24 of 145 in Columbus

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus South? Share your experiences!