“Horribly dirty. I like Hamptons in general but avoid this one at all cost.”

Hampton Inn Columbus South
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Mason, Ohio
“Horribly dirty. I like Hamptons in general but avoid this one at all cost.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The stairwells wreak. The room they tried to put me in had a leaky roof. The water had already dried so apparently nobody checked the room for quite awhile. How they can miss this is beyond belief. The girl at the desk was nice about it but there wasn't anything she could do. I stayed elsewhere that night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our maintenance crew and housekeeping staff regarding your comments to ensure we take care of the leaky roof and bad smell you encountered.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.

Monalisa Cassell/General Manager
Hampton Inn Columbus South, Grove City, Ohio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three night during last week of December 2012.

The rooms were clean, good location right off interstate, great pool and hot tub, good breakfast.

Main compliments are(1) that the pool/ hot tub area are large, great light, and great hot tub and (2) the hotel staff was very responsive to our concern that the hot tub was working. We called before our stay to confirm the hot tub was working, and it was our entire stay. The above expectation on service came when we got a phone call from the manager on Friday to inform us that the pool area would be closed for a few hours mid-day Sunday for cleaning with an apology for not mentioning this earlier. This level of service was exceptional.

We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with our Hampton Inn Columbus South, Grove City, Ohio.
As always, we aim to make sure our guests are as satisfied with their stay as possible. I am always pleased to hear such nice comments such as yours. I appreciate the compliment and will use and share your experience as the learning lesson for all the staffs here and to show them that hard work does produce positive results.
If there's anything else you want to share, please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Monalisa Cassell // General Manager
Hampton Inn Columbus South, Grove City, Ohio
Ph. (614)5391177
Columbus , Ohio
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very nice hotel in the central Ohio area. Close to downtown Columbus. Very clean and well kept. The staff we came in contact with were friendly and helpful. The indoor pool and hot tub were super nice, and both were large with plenty of room to accomodate the hotel guests. This hotel was very close to shopping and restaurants. (walmart, target, kohls, best buy, chik-fil-a, olive garden, dairy queen, sonic, longhorn steakhouse)
Quiet hotel. Very good breakfast. Other hotels in the area with indoor pool and hot tub were way pricier. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about this hotel. I really appreciate your feedback as it allows us to see how we are doing from the perspective of our guests and I’m sure glad you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to contact me if there’s anything else you would like to share about your experience with us here in Grove City, Ohio.
We appreciate your business and hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to this area.

Monalisa Cassell // General Manager
Hampton Inn Columbus South, Grove City Ohio
Phone: 614-539-1177
Ohio
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was convenient to my meeting spot, and the most economical Hilton family hotel in the area. It was quite, the heating was even, and it was clean. A good value for the money. I got what I paid for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear JanNArt,

Thank you for your comments as it allows us to see how we are doing from the perspectives of our guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at 614-539-1177, if there's anything else you would like to share about your experience with us here in Grove City, Ohio.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again the next time yous travels bring you to our area.

Monalisa Cassell // Genaral Manager
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stay in Hampton Inns as a rule. I have never been disappointed-until tonight. We are directly across from a thumping Dj'd party at a putt-putt course and kids continue to run up and down the hall screaming. I feel that if this Dj thing happens on a regularly scheduled basis then when a guest requests one of those nights they should be told ahead of time. My husband is trying to study while the beat thumps outside....we may change our minds next time we need a hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Thekker3,

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend and taking time to post a review about our hotel.

As the general manager, I’m very sorry that your stay was a disappointment. The putt-putt golf across from us has received an approval from the City of Grove City along with permission from the Grove City Police Department to have their outdoor party for the summer.

We assure you that this is not the norm, and we’ll make every effort to ensure that the convenience of our guests will come first. We hope that you’ll give us another opportunity whenever you come and visit the area.
Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to improve our service to you.

Monalisa Cassell, General Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed one night for a business trip. Could use a bit of an update. Not up to par with other Hamptons I've stayed at. Breakfast selection was okay, but could be better. Would choose a different place next trip.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jon&Kathy
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Jon & Kathy,

We're going to have a major reconstruction and additional rooms, 2 elevators, a jump-start fitness, perfect mix lobby and meeting room, and that will start at the Fall of 2012 and finish by Spring 2013.

I apologize that you didn't experience a great stay with us, but if there's anything else I can do to ensure your stay is flawless next time, please let me know by calling the property at (614)539-1177, and my direct extension is 400.

Monalisa Cassell
Toronto
Reviewed July 9, 2012

a little older Hampton Inn compared to their newer hotels.
AWESOME location in the Grove City Area, close to shopping, restaurants.
One dissappointment that there is no elevator to go to 2nd floor. Really hard when your lugging around coolers and luggage.
Otherwise, very clean and very nice staff.

Room Tip: ask for ground floor level
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Greatcdn,

This is Monalisa Cassell, General Manager of the Hampton Inn Columbus South. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

As always, we aim to make sure our guests are as satisfied with their stay as possible. I appreciate the compliment and will use your experience as the learning lesson for all the staffs here and to show them that hard work does produce positive results.

I do want to apologize for the lack of elevator. We're going to have a major reconstruction and additional rooms, 2 elevators, a jump-start fitness, perfect mix lobby and meeting room, and that will start anytime soon and finish by Spring 2013. Please give us a second chance by letting me know whenever you visit Grove City, Ohio, and I will make sure that we'll assign you first floor room only.

Thank you making us aware of the pleasant stay you recently experienced at our hotel. It is comments like yours that help maintain the excellence that we are always striving to achieve.

Monalisa and the team at the Hampton Inn Columbus South, Grove City, OH.