Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant
$45
$43
$105
$95
All reviewsbirthday treatmain restaurantlarge partylovely experiencesunday lunchscallopsfrom start to finishcooked to perfectionafternoon teasandwicheswedding receptionfood was fantastichamcouldn't do enoughfirst classhigh standardwedding venue
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Olde Bell Hotel is like a second home to me I have stayed there on a regular basis over the last ten years and witnessed the vast improvements by the present owners over the last few years.
This hotel is second to none for value, comfort, great food and very friendly efficient staff who make your stay special. The location is also very good for both the business and private traveller only a short ride away from Robin Hood Airport (Doncaster) and also Doncaster Races.

Room Tip: all rooms are very comfortable but you can upgrade to a four poster room for a special occasion.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Kate F, General Manager at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you....always a pleasure to have you stay with us. You will have seen some phenomenal changes in the past 10 years and now with the unending support of wonderful private owners the hotel continues to improve and flourish year on year.
Thank you for your loyalty throughout the transition period and I hope you continue to enjoy this fabulous hotel in its period of renaisssance.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Sunday morning, the day after a family wedding at the hotel. We did not stay at the hotel but returned to join family members who had, for breakfast. A big mistake! The Full English Breakfast at £16 was far too overpriced for the quality of this hotel. The service was appalling; reheated sausages from the BBQ the night before and dry black pudding, to name a few items we were dissatisfied with. It also included 3 attempts to get the correct food for one of our party; in which time the items that had arrived were cold! We continually had to prompt for service the duration of the breakfast.
When we came to pay the bill at the reception, the receptionist completely ignored our feedback concerning the poor food and service; in fact she found it very difficult to make eye-contact. We shall not be returning and recommend others give this place a wide berth.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SheffieldRaven

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit to the hotel for breakfast, I am so sorry you were disapppointed with the quality and service and hope you will accept my sincere apology.
I am also very concerned that your feedback was not passed on to me at the time, please be assured I have taken the necessary action to ensure all guests' comments are recorded and acted upon.
Guest satisfaction is of paramount importance to me and should you visit the hotel again in the future you will be assured our very best attention.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Visited on Thursday for pasta and prosecco as advertised in local press, only to be told by two members of staff that it was 'pizza and prosecco', as I don't care for pizza we ordered from normal menu, which was delicious. As we left, on the advertising board outside there it was, pizza or pasta and prosecco, on Thursdays, I felt disappointed

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant. This has been a very popular promotion and eventhough all members of the team are thoroughly briefed you were obviously given incorrect information for which I am very sorry.
We definitely offer Pizza or Pasta and Prosecco every Thursday either on the Garden Terrace, in the bustling St Leger Bistro by the Bar or the vibrant new Restaurant Bar 1650.
I am delighted you enjoyed the meal you chose from our extensive menu and I would be delighted if you would visit us again so you can enjoy our excellent Pasta and Prosecco.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

On our visit to the UK we chose to enjoy a family lunch at the Ye Olde Bell restaurant. The quality of the service and the food were both of a high standard. With a group of 8 ranging from 8 to 86, everybody was very pleased with their respective meals. Having enjoyed two weeks of Italian restaurants it certainly did not disappoint. The pizza even received thumbs up from the 14 yr old. The desserts too were very popular.

We're not aware of comparable restaurants in the area, but it was certainly an improvement on the standard carvery fare.

Two minor complaints, the rose wine was served at room temp - not really suitable for the wine or a summer's day and yes I agree with other reviewers it's not a cheap lunch .....but then again what is a good meal worth?

Oh by the way the gardens are beautiful

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kate F, General Manager at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

I hope you had a good trip back to Australia, thank you for visiting us and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm delighted you had a great lunch, pizzas are one of our latest ventures and I've loved all the necessary sampling to get them just right!!
I'm sorry your wine was not quite cold enough, I'll remedy that immediately and thank you for appreciating lunch was excellent value for money.
I'm thrilled you had the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful gardens..nowhere better for this glorious British summer we are all experiencing!!
Hope to see you again

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed last night with a friend was warmly greeted by a lovley lady at reception on arrival. A young lady gave us a tour of the suites at the hotel she was very helpful and just couldnt do enough for you Our room was amazing to say the least we had dinner at the hotel excellent service from Adam our waiter for the evening this place is a true treasure if you love quaint surroundings beautiful furniture and things to do near by then please try ye old bell I will defiantly be back sometime soon

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments following a recent stay at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant.
I really do appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
I'm so pleased you were well looked after, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.