“Mothers Day Lunch - fabulous”

Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barnby Moor
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We booked Sunday lunch on Mothers Day as a treat for my mum. The ambience was great and the restaurant busy. Everyone enjoyed their food. The pricing is slightly higher than other similar places but this is reflected by the quality of the food. I would definitely recommend the Olde Bell for special occasions.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Kate F, General Manager at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I'm delighted you enjoyed Mothering Sunday lunch at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, it's always so satisfying to see mums get the recognition they deserve!
Thank you for your very positive feedback I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel great staff hope to stay again. A lot of character and lovely rooms. Great breakfast. Just wish I had arrived early enough to sample the Resturaunt. Young staff where a breath of fresh air good banter.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank StevePaton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Ye Olde Bell, I particulary appreciated your comment regarding our young staff being a breath of fresh air...good to hear their natural friendly attitude is acknowledged.
I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon when I hope you'll arrive in time for dinner...it's a real treat!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just spent a night for an event, food was good on the night. Room very disappointing with marks on the carpet, bathroom was nice and bright. But to be honest have stayed in much nicer hotels for less money. Staff polite yes, helpful, when I asked reception for a box of matches..straight no! The four stars I feel are a more realistic 3 stars. It is a lovely old hotel. Breakfast well disappointing, one rash of fairly standard bacon,overcooked sausage, tinned mushrooms, hash brown very poor, and at £16 for a breakfast they are taking the mickey, to be totally honest Witherspoons quality at Ritz price!! I would have expected a much higher quality, and the waiter didn t ask any of how we would like our eggs!! £95 for the night, not good value, extremely let down as it was not just a function but special personal night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Kate F, General Manager at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for attending an event at Ye Olde Bell Hotel recently and for taking the time to write a review. Your positive comments regarding the quality of food at the event are greatly appreciated- thank you.
I do wish you had raised your disappointment with the room at your time of arrival, it's actually one of my favourites with a lovely feature bed and a luxurious roll top bath but I do realise that everyone's preferences are different.We would have happily allocated you a different room.
I'm delighted you found my staff polite and sorry that we were unable to locate you a box of matches. As we are a non smoking hotel, matches are not something we stock.... perhaps I should review this policy.
I'm surprised and sorry you didn't enjoy your breakfast, it's usually such a hearty, delicious meal and as we only used locally sourced bacon, sausage and black pudding it's quite a treat.
I am sorry you felt let down and given the opportunity we would have done our utmost to ensure this was not the case. Even on check out when asked how you had enjoyed your stay there was no mention of your disappointment, such as shame as we genuinely strive to make every stay special.
Should you wish to discuss anything further please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I travel constantly and globally for work purposes as well as for pleasure. It's not that often that a hotel to which I travel for work makes me feel like I'm on holiday but Ye Old Bell does it every time and I am always disappointed when I call to book and it is, as is often the case, fully booked.

The hotel has a very high quality, feel with modern standards and a timeless sense of style.

The staff are second to none for an outstandingly high level of professionalism delivered in a manner which retains the important levels of formality while being extremely friendly and helpful. This is not limited to one individual, but is a hotel-wide attitude.

That said, special mention must be made of the young but extremely confident, competent and classy (if somewhat ubiquitously named) barman Tom Smith who exemplifies this hotel's charm in retaining the assumption of style from the past while embracing the expectations of modern times.

If you are travelling to this area for any reason and you can afford just a little more than a budget hotel, you should choose Ye Old Bell without hesitation! I have only mentioned the qualities of the hotel and staff in this review, I'll review the restaurent tomorrow but having dined here previously I already have an inkling how that will go, and it is reason enough to make the journey to here!

To be continued...

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank johnfeno

Wow! Thank you so much, you certainly made our day and and especially Tom's!!
We work together and constantly strive to deliver a friendly, professional and quality level of service so comments such as yours give us a tremendous boost and confirm that we are definitely moving in the right direction.
I look forward to your review of the new and vibrant Restaurant Bar 1650.
KInd regards

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here in February 2013 as I was attending a conference in the hotel. The staff were by far the most friendly I have ever come across. Check in was smooth with my bags being taken upstairs for me (thank goodness the receptionist offered this as I didn't realise how many stairs there were!). Room had everything I needed, although I stayed for 2 nights, and the drinks (water/tea) I had consumed on the first night, did not get replaced for the second. Being right at the top of the building (third floor I think), meant that I could not pick up the free wifi which was a shame as I was hoping to do some work in the evening. Breakfast was great, and served promptly with a good choice of hot/cold options. Conference facilities were also brilliant with plenty of tea / coffee and water on offer. Dinner is the restaurant was also great. I would definitely stay again, but maybe request a room on a lower floor!

Room Tip: Would avoid the very top floor as quite a climb up the stairs and no wifi
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank binkmb

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Ye Olde Bell Hotel and particularly for your wonderful comments regarding our 'fantastic staff'. I must say I agree with you wholeheartedly.
I was a little concerned to learn you had difficulty with the free wifi as we have recently installed a booster to ensure the service is available throughout. You'll be pleased to know it's now all in perfect working order.
I'm delighted the conference ran smoothly and that you enjoyed our hospitality. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Due to work commitments I have been staying at The Olde Bell for the most from Mondays to Fridays for almost a year now and today I checked out for the last time.....a really sad occasion for me because this has been my home away from home.
My job involves a lot of travelling and as such I have stayed in many hotels, but I can honestly say I have yet to come across the service offered at The Olde Bell. The staff are super efficient and so, so helpful and friendly. I still remember commenting to a colleague that I thought there must be something in the water to make the staff so warm hearted:-).
To try and give all the positives would take a few pages, but in summary, the rooms are fantastic (beautifully decorated and every one individual), super clean, big baths, all the conveniences expected such as hair dryers, soaps, shampoos, etc. The restaurant also has a wonderful ambiance and fantastic food. There is good wifi and unbelievingly no tray charge for room service! Lastly, my colleagues and I all agree that the little biscuits supplied in the rooms are delicious!
A special note to Kate and her team......keep up what you are doing because you seem to have found the magic formula. I'll be visting on weekends though!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Susan H

I can't thank you enough for your fabulous review following your many visits to Ye Olde Bell, you really have been the perfect guest and we will miss you greatly.
I'm very proud that you have experienced consistently high standards throughout the past twelve months and you felt the hotel is a 'home from home'- that's just how we like it!!
We all wish you every success in your new role and look forward to seeing you for a weekend visit very soon.
Kate

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

i so love my visit ye old bell for lunch it was fist class and the decor is out this world then yes will be comeing back to ye old bell hotel belong to.cousin and husband thank you do much to staff it all fist class victoria jane

• Stayed: December 2012

I'm delighted you enjoyed your recent lunch at Ye Olde Bell Hotel and Restaurant. Thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnby Moor
#1 of 1 in Bawtry
12 mi away
Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel
Best Western Lion Hotel

Been to Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!