Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant
$45
$43
$105
$95
All reviewsbirthday treatmain restaurantlarge partylovely experiencesunday lunchscallopsfrom start to finishcooked to perfectionafternoon teasandwicheswedding receptionfood was fantastichamcouldn't do enoughfirst classhigh standardwedding venue
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was lucky enough to be able to reserve the 1650 restaurant for my 40th birthday celebration with friends. Kate worked with me in selecting and reviewing a menu for our evening and was so very helpful and accommodating in making arrangements. The evening was a success! From having the beautiful restaurant to ourselves with waiters to cater for us from start to finish, they provided fantastic food and service for a very memorable evening. The menu from the canapes to the dessert was delicious. The quality of the food was very good, kudos to the chef and kitchen. Thank you again for making our dinner a very special evening with elegant surroundings and top-notch food and service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Kate F, General Manager at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

I am so very pleased you enjoyed your special birthday celebration in Restaurant 1650. It was an absolute pleasure to be of service to you and I hope to welcome you back many more times.
I genuinely appreciate the time you have taken to write a review- thank you.
Kind regards
Kate Firth

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Lovely lovely hotel. Very welcoming with open fires roaring, the little lounges are superb. The bar very well stocked and to food excellent. The rooms are trememdous.

I've recently stayed in a family room (21) which was great, big bathroom, a double bed, a single bed and a decent TV. Loads of space. I've also stayed in the Victoria suite, which is amazing. Massive living room, fireplace, with TV and dining table, huge canopied bed in separate bedroom, with massive bathroom and lovely feature bath.

The great thing about the Victoria sute is it has an adjoining room (2) which can be either a double or a twin room. Book this room also and you have the prefect luxury family suite.

I highly recommend the hotel, it really was a wonderful stay. Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Ye Olde Bell Hotel and Restaurant, I am delighted you enjoyed the experience and the warm welcome.
The family rooms are all very spacious, well equipped and great value for money too.
The Victoria Suite is just amazing so much space and sheer elegance everywhere....fit for a Queen!! Incidentally did you know the suite was named after a young Princess Victoria who stayed here in 1835? Just one of our many famous visitors.
Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back in the future.
KInd regards
Kate Firth

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here the night before my wedding with my mum, we had Victoria suite which was huge & plush. Had a fantastic meal that night. Morning of the wedding we had breakfast & champagne in our room & staff came to check to see how we were getting on. Our wedding day 14th Sept was excellent and went as planned with a gorgeous meal & everyone knew what they were doing from morning till night..thank you so much to the Olde Bell for all your help/advice on the run up to the wedding & most of all for storing my wedding present ( motorbike ) in the hotel for the week upto the wedding. What an amazing surprise :-)
Shelly & Danny Hilton xx

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Shelly and Danny
Thank you for such a lovely review I am delighted you felt pampered and well looked after - it's what hosptitality is all about.
We were all moved by the story behind the motorbike and were more than pleased to help Danny with the big surprise.
I'm sure you are settling into married beautifully by now and once again please accept our very best wishes for a long and happy life together.
Kind regards
Kate and everyone at Ye Olde Bell

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at hotel for a friends wedding. Very lovely hotel, friendly staff and warm welcome. Room was immaculate!! Being a clean freak, I was very impressed with the standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel. Although impressed with how clean it was, I expected a bigger room for the price paid. Bathroom was huge but no bath and bedroom was standard. Paid £130 which was a 'special' rate. Should be £80-90
The hotel was lovely, perhaps for prices charged would expect little extras, fresh flowers in reception instead of false silk ones. All in all, very pleasant stay, breakfast lovely and wedding fantastic. Wouldn't make a point of booking again unless attending another wedding.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Smudge74
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had our wedding at this hotel on 22nd September and everything from beginning to end was perfect. Kate Firth, the General Manager made everything so easy to organise and she ensured everything ran smoothly on the day. The words 'no' don't seem to be a part of her vocabulary. The food was excellent and the service was fautless. The Bradgate room is not just another hotel conference room as it has character and charm. The bar opens out onto the well kept gardens so everybody can enjoy drinks inside and out. Our bedroom was the Lady Jane Suite which again was full of character, spotlessly clean and very spacious.

Thanks Ye Olde Bell - we will be back for our anniversary.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple