“Wonderful private dining experience.”

Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barnby Moor
Walkeringham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful private dining experience.”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was lucky enough to be able to reserve the 1650 restaurant for my 40th birthday celebration with friends. Kate worked with me in selecting and reviewing a menu for our evening and was so very helpful and accommodating in making arrangements. The evening was a success! From having the beautiful restaurant to ourselves with waiters to cater for us from start to finish, they provided fantastic food and service for a very memorable evening. The menu from the canapes to the dessert was delicious. The quality of the food was very good, kudos to the chef and kitchen. Thank you again for making our dinner a very special evening with elegant surroundings and top-notch food and service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kate F, General Manager at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
I am so very pleased you enjoyed your special birthday celebration in Restaurant 1650. It was an absolute pleasure to be of service to you and I hope to welcome you back many more times.
I genuinely appreciate the time you have taken to write a review- thank you.
Kate Firth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Manchester, UK
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Lovely lovely hotel. Very welcoming with open fires roaring, the little lounges are superb. The bar very well stocked and to food excellent. The rooms are trememdous.

I've recently stayed in a family room (21) which was great, big bathroom, a double bed, a single bed and a decent TV. Loads of space. I've also stayed in the Victoria suite, which is amazing. Massive living room, fireplace, with TV and dining table, huge canopied bed in separate bedroom, with massive bathroom and lovely feature bath.

The great thing about the Victoria sute is it has an adjoining room (2) which can be either a double or a twin room. Book this room also and you have the prefect luxury family suite.

I highly recommend the hotel, it really was a wonderful stay. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Ye Olde Bell Hotel and Restaurant, I am delighted you enjoyed the experience and the warm welcome.
The family rooms are all very spacious, well equipped and great value for money too.
The Victoria Suite is just amazing so much space and sheer elegance everywhere....fit for a Queen!! Incidentally did you know the suite was named after a young Princess Victoria who stayed here in 1835? Just one of our many famous visitors.
Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back in the future.
KInd regards
Retford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here the night before my wedding with my mum, we had Victoria suite which was huge & plush. Had a fantastic meal that night. Morning of the wedding we had breakfast & champagne in our room & staff came to check to see how we were getting on. Our wedding day 14th Sept was excellent and went as planned with a gorgeous meal & everyone knew what they were doing from morning till night..thank you so much to the Olde Bell for all your help/advice on the run up to the wedding & most of all for storing my wedding present ( motorbike ) in the hotel for the week upto the wedding. What an amazing surprise :-)
Shelly & Danny Hilton xx

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Shelly and Danny
Thank you for such a lovely review I am delighted you felt pampered and well looked after - it's what hosptitality is all about.
We were all moved by the story behind the motorbike and were more than pleased to help Danny with the big surprise.
I'm sure you are settling into married beautifully by now and once again please accept our very best wishes for a long and happy life together.
Kate and everyone at Ye Olde Bell
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at hotel for a friends wedding. Very lovely hotel, friendly staff and warm welcome. Room was immaculate!! Being a clean freak, I was very impressed with the standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel. Although impressed with how clean it was, I expected a bigger room for the price paid. Bathroom was huge but no bath and bedroom was standard. Paid £130 which was a 'special' rate. Should be £80-90
The hotel was lovely, perhaps for prices charged would expect little extras, fresh flowers in reception instead of false silk ones. All in all, very pleasant stay, breakfast lovely and wedding fantastic. Wouldn't make a point of booking again unless attending another wedding.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Smudge74
Leeds
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had our wedding at this hotel on 22nd September and everything from beginning to end was perfect. Kate Firth, the General Manager made everything so easy to organise and she ensured everything ran smoothly on the day. The words 'no' don't seem to be a part of her vocabulary. The food was excellent and the service was fautless. The Bradgate room is not just another hotel conference room as it has character and charm. The bar opens out onto the well kept gardens so everybody can enjoy drinks inside and out. Our bedroom was the Lady Jane Suite which again was full of character, spotlessly clean and very spacious.

Thanks Ye Olde Bell - we will be back for our anniversary.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Since getting married here over 10 years ago, we have returned every year for anniversary celebrations, christenings and birthdays. It's a fantastic place, the accomodation is superb, the staff are wonderful and the food top notch.

The Olde Bell deserves a visit and should be in everyone's top 3 favourite hotels in the country.

Thanks again for a memorable stay this weekend, we'll be back soon :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We went to Ye Olde bell for a wedding and stayed the night so we could drink safely. The wedding was well organized and very enjoyable. The only negative was it would have been better had all the food choices been available at one time.

Our room was standard and we had been given a 'reduction' in price because we were attending a wedding. The room was quite small although it had all you needed including two chairs to sit on, a rarity in many hotels. It did look a bit tired with chipped paint on the wardrobe doors which were difficult to keep closed. I do wish hotels, and this is not alone here, would think to clean the shower spray as it works so much better afterwards.The outside music was, thankfully, turned off at 11pm. Personally I could not see why it was on at all given no one was sat outside.

We tried to sleep but could hear banging. I found out this was the wardrobe door banging in the fresh air from the window. It stopped when I wedged the door closed with a chair.

Breakfast was again served efficiently and with a smile. It was the usual hotel breakfast but none the worse for that.

All in all we enjoyed the wedding and the hotel was OK, just rather expensive for what it was.

Room Tip: We were in 5 which looked out to the side of the hotel, over the car park. It did get road noise an...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kate F, General Manager at Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent review following a visit to Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant, I really appreciate your feedback and I'm delighted you enjoyed the wedding.
I'm sorry you considered the room small, I think it's a lovely quirky room with amazing original beams and I love the fact that the bathroom is on a different level. I do however appreciate your comments and particularly thank you for highlighting the wardrobe I will make sure it is attended to as a matter of urgency.
I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnby Moor
The Crown Hotel
The Crown Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bawtry
Best Western Lion Hotel

Been to Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!