We recently got married at here. It was fabulous from start to finish. It was very well organised and was a very stress free day for the both of us. The weather was dry so we were lucky enough to get married in the outside pavillion which was truely fantastic.
The canapes after the wedding were delicious and food for the meal was excellent. We had over 100 guests in the day and all the meals were pipping hot and well presented. I was too full and busy dancing to eat any of the evening buffet, but was told by a number of the guests that the food on there was lovely as well.
We stayed in the Victoria Suite which was wonderful. It has a living area as well as a bedroom which was the perfect place for myself and my bridesmaids to get ready before hand. There was lots of space and it was very well decorated.
The breakfast the next morning was also very good. The choice of cereals, pastries as well as a very good cooked breakfast to order. I know one of the guests doesn't like tomatoes and he cheekily asked for an extra sausage instead and got one! Very accomodating.
Overall we had a fantastic day and will definately be going back to stay again.
Thanks for everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th century hotel now passionately restored throughout by local owners to AA 4-Star + Rosette plus a brand new bespoke Spa in 2017. Sheer luxury with rich fabrics, chandeliers, antiques and period features. Individually styled bedrooms and stunning suites, all with flatscreen TVs and contemporary bathrooms with walk-in power showers and more. Lounges with real log fires in winter and smart Garden Terrace Bar for summer drinks and dining al fresco. Creative Rosette dining in Restaurant Bar 1650 plus traditional classics with contemporary twist in lively St Leger Bistro. Hotel Gym plus Spa with indoor/outdoor vitality pool, 10 thermal experiences including unique ‘Snowstorm’ plus beauty treatment rooms and hair salon. Just off the A1 and on the border of Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire - Sherwood Forest, Lincoln Cathedral, Chatsworth, Doncaster & Southwell Races nearby. Just 5 minutes from Retford Mainline Rail & close to Robin Hood & East Midlands Airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Olde Bell Hotel And Restaurant
- Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant Barnby Moor, Nottinghamshire