All reviews cod bar area old coaching inn steak pie beer garden garden house bath and shower warm welcome lovely meal well worth a visit old building log fire night break cheviot hills biscuits dog northumberland
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

The tanky burger was nice and filled me up, only thing is a had a pint (half left) with it and after eating popped out for a cigarette and when I went back it was gone, I asked the bar lady where it was and she acted like it was finished and if anything there was a sip. The room was 4 wasps dead in the room and one that was alive but not flying. Wouldn’t return due to the room and facilities, breakfast was very basic.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank R3290NWchristophers
Reviewed January 3, 2019 via mobile

Me and my family visit the pub frequently for meals and drinks, a beautiful pub in Wooler town. The staff are friendly and attentive and the food is proper home cooking and always delicious! I’ve recently had my sons Christening here as they have a fantastic function room- it was the perfect day! Everything was set out perfectly and the food was the best buffet we’ve had. On the whole a lovely family pub, with the bonus of a function room.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

Dropped in late on Sunday afternoon after a border walk
Still serving food and a warm welcome at 430
Fantastic home cooked turkey roast and all the trimmings, so much that the boss (Wifey) and my best pal struggled to complete
Good local ales too and a raft of gins on offer
Great traditional pub, will def be back when next up

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

The Tankerville and it’s wonderful staff really were wonderful last night! I had driven for 5 hours with my 6 year old daughter and our 12week puppy for a weekend in the Cheviot hills - but at 5 pm the weather turned foul and we hit driving snow and freezing rain and couldn’t get to our house.
The Tankerville found us a room, fed us and even accommodated our puppy!
The Rooms are small and comfortable the decor is a bit tired but they are very clean-with lovely comfy beds and good linen.
A warm fire good meal and a goodnight sleep has set us up for the rest of our journey.
Thankyou xx

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2018

Stayed for a week whilst visiting this area of Northumberland, and was impressed by the friendly staff, their attitude and helpfulness.
Its a pity that the hotel is becoming somewhat tired, however - a modern make-over would destroy the character and wonderful quirkiness of this traditional coaching inn.

Room tip: Make sure that the bed and pillows suit you!
Date of stay: October 2018