Milan Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Milan restaurant was the best we've experienced. A good selection of main meals and starters all beautifully presented. We were spoilt for choice and didn't get to even look at the sweet menu as we just couldn't have managed another mouth full. In addition to the main menu there were daily specials.
Very busy but non the less welcoming, attentive, friendly staff who gave you there full attention when serving you. They obviously got on well which helped to create a great atmosphere and worked well as a team.
On our arrival at Wooler we went to book and got the last available table. Before we left we booked again for the following night as we knew we wouldn't do as well or better. People were turning up and having to be turned away.
One disappointment and annoying. I could not get a dish of olives with my pre dinner glass of wine as the Milan has a policy of not serving food in the lounge or out door areas after 5. For me a glass of wine and olives is very much part of the Italian/summer experience. They could easily over come this by offering/advertising a dish of olives with pre dinner drinks.
By the way the house wine was very reasonably priced and my husbands beer was only 20p more than pub price.
Restaurant prices varied depending on choice and we've paid more at the usual chains of Italian Restaurants.
A fantastic experience and we'd certainly visit on future trips to Northumberland.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I ate lunch here on the way to Cornhill on tweed where we were staying. we had looked in a couple of the pubs but didn't like the look of them so we came across this place and went inside.

It was about 1.30 in the afternoon and it was very quiet, lovely décor and comfortable seats, low lighting and nice atmosphere. The waiting staff were very good, pleasant and helpful. I thought that the prices were very reasonable for an Italian restaurant and the menu selection was very good also. We had starters, tomato and basil soup for hubby and I went for the pate. Both were delicious and well presented.

For main we both had a huge pizza, we struggled to eat it all but it was beautifully cooked, just right with a generous topping of our choice. We finished with a cappuccino and we also had a cold drink each. The bill for all of this came to £35.00. I call that very reasonable. We shall be back.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This place is a bit pricey but worth it and is the only one around. Very good food and very good service. Well worth a visit if you are passing or live here.
I have been here quite a few times now and will be back

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Child friendly and welcoming for our 2 year old. Husband had an outstanding T bone steak and I created my own pizza which is a brilliant idea as it turned out to be the best pizza I have ever had! (artichoke, olive, bacon and goats cheese if your interested!)
We booked and Im glad we did as many people had to be turned away. Def recommend!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Booked in advance for a Saturday evening meal out.Really friendly and helpful staff, the place was buzzing a great atmosphere and the food was excellent with lots of choice. The staff were helpful with my gluten free diet had a great meal and will return if in the area in future