All reviewsnorthumberland national parklovely countrysidequiet locationb and bscotlandpropertyhostssuitevillage
Reviewed March 22, 2017

Stayed overnight on my way North to Scotland and was delighted to have found this lovely B&B. The room was comfortable, the breakfast perfect and the hosts friendly and welcoming. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Jenny S
Reviewed June 12, 2016

I recently stayed at the Hemmel whilst visiting the area with my father. Jack and Sue were outstanding hosts, very welcoming and accommodating, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were comfortable, spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. The Hemmel is ideally situated to explore Northumberland. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank sarajgj
Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

This was our first trip into Northumberland and Sue and Jack made our visit with their hospitality.
Set in a huge valley just on the outskirts of Wooler peace and quiet awaits with spotless accommodation, our on-suite was equipped with a huge shower and a
tub for two with hot water a plenty.
A perfect position to explore with Jack's knowledge on hand to assist, you could not meet a nicer gentleman. A perfect weekend topped off when meeting Sue who has certainly had a lasting effect on both of us. Perfect hosts for a perfect county.
We will be back very soon.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2015 via mobile

Was most impressed by this very welcoming, cosy B&B. Jack came out to welcome me and took my suitcase to my room. Very nice cosy room with good facilities. Great shower room with a powerful shower. I had so much breakfast, I couldn't finish it all, so don't understand anyone saying the breakfast was skimpy.
If you want a lovely bed for the night at a very reasonable price, in the wonderful Northumberland countryside, you couldn't do much better than this

Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank LittleOnt
Reviewed September 21, 2015

Nice clean rooms. Full English Breakfast!!!! (Don't think so very sparse very little on plate very very disappointing) would not recommend this if you enjoy a good breakfast.
Location was quite nice will not return!

Room Tip: Small uninviting rooms
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple