“Delicious Sunday lunch”

Pheasant Inn Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

2xlamb mains and a Cumberland sausage - all lovely. The lamb was so tender, tasty & garlicky.

Then brioche bread & butter pudd and choc fudge cake. Also lovely.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (307)

Reviewed July 29, 2019

We popped in here searching for a real traditional British pub. At first there were no vegan options on the menu (which I wasn't too surprised about out in the sticks) but after asking the barman if they could make anything vegan, he went and consulted the chef Gabor who managed to somehow whip up a vegan lasagna for me with a healthy helping of salad and I'm not joking I think it might have been the best lasagna, vegan or otherwise, I've ever had. I really really recommend adding it to the menu as a permanent option as it was 'finom' as they possibly say in Hungary! (Gabor is Hungarian I believe). The barman, whose name I, unfortunately, did not catch, was also very helpful, and also fixed my phone when it couldn't connect to the wifi. Overall, would certainly come here again!

Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

We had a lovely meal, nice summer spritz and local cordial aperitifs, we both chose the twice baked Northumberland cheese soufflé, creamy and tangy, the lasagne was a trusty staple and the Northumbrian lamb was tender, beautifully cooked vegetables, all served hot, and local sorbets were a refreshing end to a good dining experience!

Reviewed July 4, 2019

There might not be much competition given its remoteness but nevertheless the food was exceptional. The dish of the night was the locally cooked lamb. We found this on a humid July evening but you could just imagine how cosy and romantic this place would be in the dead of winter. There was a reasonable amount of off road parking and the cottage and annex rooms available to stay in looked lovely. Highly recommended....

Reviewed June 24, 2019

We where in the area and went in for lunch, very busy but found us a table maybe book before hand. The food was very good and plentyful but a bit slow, could be because they where so busy. Will definately go back

Date of visit: June 2019