“Welcoming and cosy cottage, a great base for a...”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Old Granary

Stone built beautifully converted Granary dating back to the 1800's with original features The harbour is only a few minutes walk away with restaurants, pubs, fish & chips and boat trips
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Longstone Light on the nearby Farne Islands
We have a nespresso machine too for those coffee and paper mornings
Little touches to make your holiday special and comfortable
The twin room showing the original feature beams
Our family bathroom
Our kitchen benefits from a stable door to enjoy the evening sunshine
Fantastic views of The Farnes Islands and the harbour from our local pub
Beautiful lounge with dual aspect windows and lots of books, DVDs etc for all the family
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 40 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Welcoming and cosy cottage, a great base for a visit to the North East”
Reviewed November 3, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

Sarah provided us with very clear information prior to arriving and we were greeted with a lovely bottle of fizz and a yummy chocolate cake!
This was our first time visiting the North East and we loved it! The lovely little town of Seahouses is a great base for visiting all the beautiful beaches and areas around. The cottage is extremely well equipped, clean and cosy, there wasn’t anything we were in need of - there was even Lego our youngest daughter to play with and board games we could all enjoy.
My only slight gripe was the shower height in the ensuite (which we were aware of before we booked) it was extremely uncomfortable for my husband to shower due to him being 6 ft 3 inch’s.
This did not in anyway dappen our break - thank you Sarah for a lovely stay!

Your age range 35-49
Management Response
Nov 7, 2017
Thank you for your review, I’m glad you enjoyed your stay ! As you say we are very honest about the shower height and of course there is the bath as an alternative!
Sharon T
Caergwrle, United Kingdom
“The Granary, Seahouses”
Reviewed October 24, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We recently stayed at the Granary for 3 nights. The cottage is in a good location for exploring the Northumberland coastline. Short walk into Seahouses, lovely beach. The Granary has everything you need. Parking at the front and rear of the cottage. Sarah, the owner replies very quickly on any questions and is very helpful.

Maxine S
“very comforable cottage”
Reviewed October 17, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

All we needed for a girls break,quiet location within easy walking to shops pubs etc,comfy beds after a long days walking and late nights talking!

Elspeth H
“Perfect pet-friendly cottage”
Reviewed October 4, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

The Old Granary was a wonderfully attractive and comfortable base from which to explore the beautiful coastline at Seahouses, to take a boat to the Farne Islands, and to explore further afield. I stayed there with my husband, son and our dog, and we would like to return in April/May in order to see the birds on the islands.

Sarah sent us some helpful information before we arrived, and there were welcoming touches, such as milk in the fridge and wine and chocolate cake on the kitchen table, which were much appreciated.

My husband and son struggled a bit in the tiny shower, but we were aware from the description of the cottage that this was likely to be the case, and what I'd like to mention is the extra long and amply sized bath on the first floor that, in my opinion, makes up for it.

We also appreciated having an off-road parking space.

Jenifie
“Lovely cottage”
Reviewed October 3, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Beautiful, cosy cottage in Seahouses, everything you could possibly need for a break, close to the harbour and beach and not far from other local towns, we will definitely go again

Reviewed September 24, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

WendynMal...
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Perfect base for our first visit to Northumbria”
Reviewed September 19, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

What can I add to the 5* reviews of the Old Granary? I could tell you about the wonderful, comfy, cosy, quirky 200 year old cottage that it is. I could tell you about the ground floor kitchen diner, with the kitchen being fully equipped with a fridge freezer, washing machine, oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, every type of pot, pan, mug, plate, cutlery and tools you could ever need together with a good sized dining table. I could tell you about the zigzag staircase as it leads you to the first floor, with the house bathroom and the lovely living room, with its comfy sofas, large TV with freeview, games console, DVD player and its cupboards stocked with books and games. I could tell you about the two bedrooms on the second floor, tucked up in the eves - a small but adequate twin and a lovely double room with en-suite (with a shower described as limited headroom, but my 5'10" husband managed just fine). I could tell you about the gentle stroll into Seahouses, a village that seems to have sufficient restaurants, shops, takeaways, pubs and such to satisfy most holidaymakers. I could try to tell you about the superb Northumbrian coastline, but words just wouldn't be enough to come close to describing it.
So what can I add? If there was one small thing that was missing it was the lack of garden, but with a bridle path running behind the property and the magnificent coastline and countryside so near at hand, it wasn't a problem when Truffle needed her constitutional.
So I'll just say that the Old Granary provided us with a near perfect base for our first Northumbrian holiday - and that it won't be our last... but don't tell the Owls!

Management Response
Sep 24, 2017
Wow ! What can we say ! Thank you so much for a fabulous review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to welcome you all back in the future
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing