“A fantastic stay!! Highly recommended”
Review of Beach House Hotel

Beach House Hotel
Ranked #19 of 25 Seahouses B&B and Inns
Bradford, United Kingdom
“A fantastic stay!! Highly recommended”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was 'passing through' Northumberland on the way to/from visiting family. I initially was not going to stay over, however, after a stressful month at work, I thought that I deserved it. I last came to Northumberland 10 years ago, and deemed it to be a 'magical' place, and I always promised myself that I would return.

To be honest, I was not expecting much from the hotel, as the cost of my room was (extremely) cheap, however, I had to eat my words as soon as I arrived...

I was greeted by Malcolm, who showed a genuine interest in me as a guest (didn't just 'go through the motions'). The reception area was lovely, nicely decorated, clean, and had a cosy ambience. Even though I arrived a few hours earlier than expected, my room was ready and waiting for me! I initially booked the single room, however, they put me into a double room as it was the end of season and the room was available. I really could not find a fault with the room whatsoever.

The my room was extremely clean, and had clean, modern bathroom facilities. It had a lovely sea view, and the bed was one of the comfiest I have slept in. There was internet access, and the Wi-Fi had a very good signal, and the television was big enough with all of the channels I needed. There was also a large built in wardrobe, a built in hair dryer, a phone and an alarm clock in my room (what more could you want?)

Malcolm took time to talk to me, and advised me of places to visit during my short break. I was able to come and go from the hotel as I pleased, without having the feeling that I was being watched!

The location of the hotel was fantastic, with breathtaking views over the beach and sea. I spent both evenings going for a run on the beach into Bamburgh, and then walking the 4 miles back to Seahouses. There is plenty of room for car parking around the front and side of the hotel.

The breakfast was fantastic, and the waiting staff were efficient and professional. Malcolm took a personal touch by remembering what I had the night before (as well as the time), and ensured that the same breakfast was waiting for me on the second morning (at the same time). I opted for porridge and fruit salad (I am on a 'health kick;), however, there was an assortment of cereals, sauces, nuts, drinks, toast and fruit to go with my breakfast. I overheard other guests (who chose the more traditional 'English breakfast') compliment their food also.

I had a brilliant stay. I will be recommending this hotel to all my friends and family who are contemplating a stay in Northumberland. Thanks again!

Room Tip: I am sure that all the other rooms are lovely!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Luke T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had previously booked at the Links Hotel but there was a problem with our room so they booked us into here. I'm really happy they did, it was a fantasic little hotel. The hosts Hazel and Malcolm made us feel really welcome, and even opened the bar in the early evening for us on request so we could have a hard earned drink after all the walking we had done earlier.

The room (26) was well appointed with a double and a single bed, nice bathroom and other facilities such as a patio to walk out onto. No sea view, but plenty of those available all day whilst you are out!

Location was really good, excellent view out the front over the Farnes and Bamburgh Castle. 5 minute stroll into Seahouses.

Breakfast was really nice, and the service was excellent. They gave me extra toast upon request and the sausage, bacon and black pudding were all top notch.

Would definately go back here again. Does not deserve to se rated 19th on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cumbria
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We struggled to find a room in seahouses. We ended up with a room with no window for a very expensive rate. I would not class it as a hotel, there was no restaurant and the bar was closed.
The view from the Lounge was excellent. The breakfast was very good and served by first class waitresses.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have just stayed for 1 night at this hotel (which I would class as a B&B) and it is in a lovely position facing the sea. We stayed in the disabled access room which was huge and spotlessly clean, had tea and coffee facilities and a wide screen tv.It also had free wi-fi. The host was very friendly and the breakfast was very nice. I think the price of £84 is steep which for us was the only let down.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013

A clean and friendly place which we booked at the last minute. I am quite fussy but really rate this one! Bedroom spacious. Nicely decorated.
Good and very (!) filling breakfast with a broad selection. Would not hesitate to go again.

Room Tip: Try for a sea view .. The Farne Islands are amazing
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We phoned on the offchance of a room - it's the first time I've booked a hotel without having to give my full address, credit card, blood group etc which I massively appreciated! When we arrived, the owner was lovely and really helpful - we stayed in two rooms over the two nights, both beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean - the first was an inside room with a ceiling window which was very cosy - with a surprisingly large shower room. On the second night, they had a seaview room free and they moved all our luggage across to it. Fantastic! Breakfast was fine on both days - interesting items on the menu - kedgeree was really nice. They brought my husband's birthday cake to our breakfast table with candles despite being quite hectic. Every single person we dealt with was really helpful and absolutely lovely. Location is excellent - a 10 minute walk to the town and the port. It's a B&B now so evening meals but their recommendations were very good. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: I found the internal room quite oppressive when the window was shut.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Essex UK
Reviewed August 10, 2013

State of decor and furniture in the bedroom was extremely dated. Four-poster bed over-rated. Breakfast basic and tasteless. Overpriced. On a positive note, it was a great location, some good pubs to eat in area but we won't be back!

Room Tip: At side of building with view of Bamburgh Castle and rubbish bins.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jackiewhiteman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seahouses
Purdy Lodge
#1 of 8 in Bamburgh
Farne Island B&B
Farne Island B&B
#8 of 25 in Seahouses

Been to Beach House Hotel? Share your experiences!