Stayed here 2 nights on special deal, DBB @ £158.00 for 2 nights. The hotel is right on the harbour, overlooking the North Sea, very quaint, relaxing and comfortable. We had room 9 at the front. The hotel has been refurbished and most of the rooms are very good with all usual facilities and GREAT baths & showers; ie very powerful & hot. Rooms are good, large enough for 2 (Family rooms also) and the heating is superb. Ours overlooked the sea and had a small terrace via a patio door. This is my only complaint; to get some fresh air in the room these doors need to be left open at night and I would guess in summer all day. There are no small opening windows.
The food is very good both breakfasts & evening meals; on our deal we were allowed £9.95 per person for evening meals, everything over is charged extra; this could add up if youre not aware of it. Breakfast is buffet, very good, lots of choice and fresh. Staff are good but I guess in summer it could be hectic.
Theres not much to do in Seahouse at night except eat, drink and watch the seagulls....but its not too much of a problem for a couple of nights. The hotel has a link with the Coral Liesure complex with pool, spa etc etc at reduced rates.
Overall, would recommend the hotel and the surrounding AONB, lots to see and do. The beaches are first class, the walks great, Golf is superb and we were lucky with the weather. A very nice 2 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to top seaside locations, the award-winning Bamburgh Castle Inn in Northumberland is hard to beat. Named Tourism Pub of the Year 2015 in the North East England Tourism Awards, The Bamburgh Castle Inn overlooks the harbour in the fishing village of Seahouses. Newly refurbished, this friendly inn with 33 en-suite rooms has all the charm of the seaside with amazing sea view rooms. Enjoy a drink or eat al fresco in our elevated beer garden with its amazing views of the Northumberland coast towards the Farne Islands and the inn's namesake - Bamburgh Castle. If you're looking for accommodation for a stay away, a guest house or a bed and breakfast in Northumberland that offers excellent value for money, a more laid back approach than a hotel and more service than simply self-catering, look no further than The Bamburgh Castle Inn. With an established reputation for good, home-cooked pub food and serving up a proper pint of Northumberland's finest, The Bamburgh Castle Inn is popular with visitors and locals alike. Don't miss our legendary Sunday Carvery complete with towering Yorkshire Puddings - you won't be disappointed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Bamburgh Castle Hotel Seahouses
- Bamburgh Castle Seahouses
- Hotel Bamburgh Castle
- Bamburgh Castle Hotel House Sea
- The Bamburgh Castle Inn Seahouses, Northumberland