We found and booked this hotel the day before we wanted to visit the area. On arrival we were pleasantly surprised by the standard and cleanliness of the decor, and even though there is no actual reception/booking in area as mentioned in one of the other reviews, this was absolutely no problem AT ALL!! When all's said, all you're doing is collecting a room key, if you expect a fanfare on arrival then you've obviously taken a wrong turn eoff the M25!!
Th staff were friendly , the room was very clean and the standard of food was well above our expectations!
The only downwside that we could even mention was the intermittent noise of what
we presume was some sort of generator, and we're sorry to say that this went on through the night!!
We paid £37.50 P.P.P.N, dinner, B&B, and we certainly had more than our money's worth!!
The staff were freindly and attentive, and I feel we could even have forgiven the odd bout of surliness had it happened, considering they were there to serve breakfast early in the morning and still there until late on in the evening, and were never standing around idle. Maybe people reap what they sow............
The location of the Inn was perfect, overlooking the harbour with views of Bamburgh Castle and the Farne Islands.
We would certainly recommend this hostelry and would gladly return for another peaceful, short break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to top seaside locations, the award-winning Bamburgh Castle Inn in Northumberland is hard to beat. Named Tourism Pub of the Year 2015 in the North East England Tourism Awards, The Bamburgh Castle Inn overlooks the harbour in the fishing village of Seahouses. Newly refurbished, this friendly inn with 33 en-suite rooms has all the charm of the seaside with amazing sea view rooms. Enjoy a drink or eat al fresco in our elevated beer garden with its amazing views of the Northumberland coast towards the Farne Islands and the inn's namesake - Bamburgh Castle. If you're looking for accommodation for a stay away, a guest house or a bed and breakfast in Northumberland that offers excellent value for money, a more laid back approach than a hotel and more service than simply self-catering, look no further than The Bamburgh Castle Inn. With an established reputation for good, home-cooked pub food and serving up a proper pint of Northumberland's finest, The Bamburgh Castle Inn is popular with visitors and locals alike. Don't miss our legendary Sunday Carvery complete with towering Yorkshire Puddings - you won't be disappointed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Bamburgh Castle Hotel Seahouses
- Bamburgh Castle Seahouses
- Hotel Bamburgh Castle
- Bamburgh Castle Hotel House Sea
- The Bamburgh Castle Inn Seahouses, Northumberland