The Bamburgh Castle Inn is a good location for several reasons. It is in close proximity to Bamburgh Castle, Lindesfarne and is harbourside in Seahouses. You can wander around the village or visit several attractions close by.
Our breakfast was included and it was a delicious traditional English breakfast. We had dinner at the Inn also. We opted to order our meal then we went up a flight of stairs to a room that overlooked the harbour. The servers brought the meal to us. The only downfall was if you want another drink, you have to go all the way back down, order it, wait and bring it back up. Eating at The Bamburgh Castle Inn is like eating a home cooked meal. Delicious!
They provide WiFi but it was a bit of a joke really. We tried to connect in the pub and we're told to move closer to the connection. We were almost on top of it and it still didn't work. Fortunately WiFi is not a need for us when we are on holiday but if anyone needed it for business, it may be a bit of an issue.
I was glad to see the parking for guests was included.
The staff were pleasant and helpful.
I personally don't think I would want to stay during high season but we loved the time of year we went and would certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to top seaside locations, the award-winning Bamburgh Castle Inn in Northumberland is hard to beat. Named Tourism Pub of the Year 2015 in the North East England Tourism Awards, The Bamburgh Castle Inn overlooks the harbour in the fishing village of Seahouses. Newly refurbished, this friendly inn with 33 en-suite rooms has all the charm of the seaside with amazing sea view rooms. Enjoy a drink or eat al fresco in our elevated beer garden with its amazing views of the Northumberland coast towards the Farne Islands and the inn's namesake - Bamburgh Castle. If you're looking for accommodation for a stay away, a guest house or a bed and breakfast in Northumberland that offers excellent value for money, a more laid back approach than a hotel and more service than simply self-catering, look no further than The Bamburgh Castle Inn. With an established reputation for good, home-cooked pub food and serving up a proper pint of Northumberland's finest, The Bamburgh Castle Inn is popular with visitors and locals alike. Don't miss our legendary Sunday Carvery complete with towering Yorkshire Puddings - you won't be disappointed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Bamburgh Castle Hotel Seahouses
- Bamburgh Castle Seahouses
- Hotel Bamburgh Castle
- Bamburgh Castle Hotel House Sea
- The Bamburgh Castle Inn Seahouses, Northumberland