“Best stay I had ever”
Review of Megstone House

Megstone House
Ranked #5 of 25 Seahouses B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I decided to go on a holiday with my girlfriend for three days. I found this B&B in tripadvisor so decided to book a room here.

I saw that they had a four poster bed so i called them to see if i can book that room for my stay but it was already booked (Maybe next time). The lady on the phone, Donna, asked me how I would be getting there and as I told her she gave me full instructions and she said she would be expecting us.
On our arrival we got off on a bus stop near our accommodation place (as Donna told me) and we were a bit confused, but after minutes I saw a lady waving at us and we understood that it was the place we were supposed to stay.
The B&B owners, Donna and Paul are just the nicest, most friendly and the most welcoming people I have ever stayed with.
They told us about everything we could do in seahouses, horse riding, going to Fern Island, walking on one the fewesr sand beaches in the UK and seeing puffins and seals.

The breakfast was awesome and the bedrooms are in their best conditions, clean, tidy and spacious. We had a bottle of wine in our bedroom and after our bedroom was cleaned we noticed there are two wine glasses left on the counter.
On our departure day as they understood how we're getting back to Newcastle, Paul offered us a lift back home and it just couldn't make our holiday any better.
Thank you Donna and Paul for my best holiday ever.

5  Thank Mohsen Z

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Had a wonderful week staying at Megstone house.Our lovely clean and roomy bedroom was quiet, very comfortable and heated if necessary. The breakfasts offered were great, served in a pleasant dining room. The owners Donna and Paul were a warm delightful couple who went out
of their way to be extremely helpful. We would highly recommend it for a holiday to see the
beautiful Northumberland coast and ( bird) islands.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good size, very comfortable and quiet at night, lovely breakfasts and deligh...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lauriehiggins
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed 2 nights and Megstone House and it was delightful. My room was big and bright with its own little sitting room. Comfy bed, lots of coffee and free wifi in the room. Huge cooked breakfast each morning was delicious. Donna and Paul were wonderful hosts who really looked after me. I loved staying at Megstone and hope to return one day. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Peabot
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed two nights at the beginning of May and were delighted with our experience. The owners, Donna and Paul, were most welcoming and absolutely nothing was too much trouble for them. The place was spotless and simply everything you could reasonably expect to find was provided. We will definitely visit again and can't commend it highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Roger D
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We came to see the coast and the seabirds and booked into a small B&B because it had good reviews. Donna and Paul are great hosts they love what they do and it shows, nothing is too much trouble everything was spot on. We have already booked our return visit

9  Thank Pennaway
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed for one night on our way to Scotland, and were greeted by wonderful owners Donna and Paul. The house is beautifully and tastefully decorated with fine furnishings and is truly a home from home. The rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable, great bedding fluffy towels and nice toiletries. The welcome tray includes everything you need.

Breakfast was fresh tasty and local produce, nothing was too much trouble and I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Nolongerreviewing
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Booked Megstone House after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed at all. The most comfortable nights sleep we have had for a long while, the rooms are absolutely spotless, beautiful decor and the warmest welcome ever. The breakfast was 1st class especially the tomatoes. Only one bad point..... we only stayed one night.... but will be back.

11  Thank weepeezie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seahouses
Doxford Hall Hotel
#1 of 25 in Seahouses
Springwood
Springwood
#3 of 25 in Seahouses

Been to Megstone House? Share your experiences!