“Afternoon Tea”

Cuisines: British
Denmead, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We came here for a coffee after a trip to the Farne Islands. Lovely cafe which had only a couple of people when we went in but was full when we left. Decent prices. Coffee was lovely and the tea cake was massive. Glad we were sharing it!!

Seahouses, null, United Kingdom
“Eating out”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Rather shabby inside - tables left uncleared, staff looking bored although cheerful when they served you.Served scones hot which we thought they should have asked if that was how we wanted them.Wouldnt go there again.

Visited June 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Poor”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We went here on a lovely, quiet, sunny Sunday morning and ordered a hearty breakfast before our beach walk to Bamburgh. My husband had the big breakfast and I ordered the vegetarian option. Soon afterwards the food arrived and I started eating my (lukewarm) beans. When I cut into the egg it looked delicious and perfect and when I started eating it I realised it was not alone in my mouth as I appeared to be choking on a foreign object which turned out to be a long, black hair. (I have very short brown hair and my husband is bald). I called the young waitress over and quietly told her about the hair, whereupon she replied 'okay' and looked at me as if I had spoken to her in a foreign language. I informed her that I couldn't continue eating it as it had made me feel sick, and her reply was 'well we won't charge you for yours then'. I had had a spoonful of beans and little else and wouldn't have paid for the breakfast or the extra for the hair anyway. I wasn't offered an apology or a replacement breakfast and left immediately feeling quite upset, to say the least. I will never return here even for a cuppa.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jebediah44
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
“Great food and friendly service.”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Excellent breakfast with very friendly staff. We used this on more than one occasion for breakfast and once for a 'panini' lunch.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Melanie T
West Yorkshire
“Staff need training”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We chose this tea room because it looked traditional from the outside, but we were disappointed. The girl who served us was so miserable - we each had a scone , were rationed with the butter and she brought them to the table one at a time ! Same with the drinks. Won't be going there again, maybe next door is better !

• Visited May 2014