“If you like sauce-this place is great!”
Review of Spice House

Spice House
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Seahouses
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Indian Cuisine
oxon
“If you like sauce-this place is great!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Called in for a takeaway and after a 40min wait was really looking forward to a tasty prawn tikka masala. Hey-just a minute, where are the prawns? Sweeping my spoon around a sea of pink gloopy sauce managed to fish out five little prawns. It was the same for the chicken korma my partner had-sauce overload. Tasted ok just seemed a bit mean for £10.50 a portion.

• Visited August 2013

“The best Indian food I've ever had”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Superb food

Excellent service

Child friendly

Reasonably priced

The lamb chops and the tandoori chicken are too sure for.

Doncaster
“Good, but where are my chips?”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Called in to order a take away for five people whilst on holiday. The place was pretty busy and we were told 40 minutes. Popped into a local pub whilst waiting. The meal was ready when we returned. Took it back to our holiday cottage to find the chips were missing (I don't have chips with an Indian, but one of our party does not like rice). The rest of the food was excellent, the sauces being particularly good. One of the best Indian take aways I have had in a long time. Good job I like rice!!

Fairford, United Kingdom
“One hot curry!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Lovely meal, very nice surroundings, not your typical indian restaurant decor! My only critisism was that my curry was much hotter than a medium that I ordered. I was planning on sharing with my husband, but he would never have managed the heat, the other one we had ordered, also a medium was fine! Staff a bit mixed, ones grasp of English was very limited, you thought he had understood what you had asked for, but it never happened, so he obviously hadn't. Another one seemed rather more interested in chatting up a group of young ladies!

North Yorkshire
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Called in here for a meal as we were staying in the area and it was fantastic! We had a selection of curries and side dishes and naan breads and we all thought it was the best curry we had ever had. Shame we don't live nearer as we would be calling more often. Highly recommended!!

1 Thank Mel B