“100% Satisfaction”

Ranked #17 of 23 Restaurants in Seahouses
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Well what can I say but amazing....booked a table for 5 people on one of the busiest nights over the bank holiday weekend. Anyway changed it to a table for 4 at last minute, no problem to Gill the man in charge....ordered 3 starters which had be the tempura prawns which came with fresh salad and two dips which were amazing. This was followed by two steaks and a lasagna, again cooked to perfection, I had fish in batter with home made chips.....and gravy .....don't ask but it's what I like. The fish was cooked the way I like it, chips were brilliant, and the gravy, for my chips was real meaty gravy. Fantastic, a big thanks to Andrew, Gill and Bianca.....from all of us x

1  Thank M2bfx
There are newer reviews for Black Swan

Reviewed August 28, 2011

We Love the Sunday dinners in this pub, they are reminiscent of School dinners with ice-cream scoop mash and swede.get there bang on 12 as the pub gets packed with locals and the flirting and wrestling between the barman and sole waitress makes service slow! The children's portions are huge and my 6&7 year old share a child's portion.

1  Thank rachelburgess75
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We we have been going to this pub for over 30 yes now and it has always remained a fantastic drinking and eating pub.....the food just gets better, family run, one of the best Sunday roasts available. Maybe I should not have given this pub a positive review, because everyone will want to go and leave no seats for us !!!! I wish them all the best and hope they continues to serve us all for many years to come....

1  Thank M2bfx
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Booked a table for 8 for 7pm last night. Unfortunately there was no welcome from any member of staff and we waited at the table for a while before the waitress came over and handed out the menus. Sadly again no welcome but she did point out the specials.

The food is all home cooked, we were warned this might mean it took longer to come out the oven but it was no more than around 20-25 mins which was fine.

The food is extremely impressive. Huge platefuls with either veg or salad. We had a good selection including gammon, fish and chips, lamb chops, burger, scampi and the steak pie. As already said the steak pie is huge and full of lean meat. No complaints whatsoever.

Only a few of us had room for dessert, both the parkin and apple crumble were excellent but my husband kept saying his Eton Mess tasted funny and he didnt like it. It looks like it has chocolate sauce in it but that is actually balsamic vinegar!

On the whole it was a very enjoyable meal. Unfortunately our waitress just plonked everything down and walked off so she wasnt rewarded very handsomely at the end. A bit of warmth from her would have been nice. Perhaps I am getting old.

Anyway we left around 9pm as people started pouring in to the restaurant for a quiz night. Thought it was a bit strange that the landlord would allow this as it made us feel we had to leave instead of having coffee.

All in all a very nice meal and we would like to return one day.

2  Thank WindsorHillsPad
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I hate to swim against the stream of positive reviews, but my husband and I recently visited the Black Swan during a visit to Seahouses and found the food to be average, although the service was very good. My husband is a vegetarian and the only thing available was the default vegetable lasagna and chips (on a side note, there is a definite business opportunity for someone to open a vegetarian or vegan restaurant in the area). He rated it as "okay". I had a hamburger and also thought it was average, although very filling.