From the moment you are greeted by your hosts, Jeff and Jill, you know you are going to have a great time. As you enter the door, the ambience of the sympathetically converted old chapel makes you instantly feel relaxed and at home. The rooms are tastefully decorated and have everything you could wish for. And the beds.... "Comfortable" is hardly good enough to describe them!
The novel way of ordering the breakfast main course is simplicity itself, and - provided you don't oversleep! - is served just when you need it. The overall breakfast service was faultless.
Because of the restrictions of the site, parking can be awkward if the place is full and cars are not in the bays at the right angle, but there is ample on-street space on the quiet road outside.
All in all, a lovely atmosphere, with everything you might need available, and attentive and caring hosts, St Cuthbert's House is an excellent base for exploring the lovely Northumberland Coast and the Scottish Borders.
We have already booked a second visit next month, and this time I WILL try some of that "Locomotion" lager.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of VisitEngland 'Guest Accommodation of the Year 2014' - England's Best B&B! Come and see why! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your St. Cuthbert's House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Cuthbert`s House Hotel Seahouses
- St. Cuthbert's House Seahouses, Northumberland