“A great friendly venue”

St. Cuthbert's House
Ranked #1 of 25 Seahouses B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed to celebrate my 50th Birthday and Jeff and Jill made us very welcome. 100% 5 star B & B and we were provided with everything we needed. Breakfast was very good there is plenty to keep you going till late dinner time. Our two days were great and we will be back again as this is a great base for touring Northumberland.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
StCuthbertsHouse, Owner at St. Cuthbert's House, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Glad you enjoyed your special birthday celebration. Thanks for your review, we hope to see you here again.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

St Cuthbert's House was our base for 3 nights and everything about it was totally superb. Jeff and Jill could not have done more to welcome us to this beautiful hotel and were indeed the perfect hosts with nothing being too much trouble. The accommodation was spacious and luxurious and sparkling clean, the food was lovely, the ambience was so relaxing and every help and advice was extended when needed. TV in the room, DVD player also. Nothing could have been bettered. A wonderful experience and we cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: The rooms were superb - I had a king sized bed in my room for one!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
StCuthbertsHouse, Owner at St. Cuthbert's House, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay., and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our hosts Jill and Jeff made our stay extraordinary. I think my Mom said it best, "They anticipated our vacation needs and exceeded our expectations before we even knew what our needs and expectations were". Their dedication to ensuring we had the best time possible was unprecedented. From boat arrangements to see puffins on the Farne Islands to area restaurant recommendations to something as simple as supplying our room with facial cleansing wipes (so I would not get make-up on their plush lovely white towels), every facet of our stay was given careful consideration. I work in the travel industry...I spend a lot of time in hotels around the world. I only wish there was a St. Cuthbert's House everywhere I travel...and that Jill and Jeff could clone themselves so I could experience their hospitality all the time. I really and truly am trying to think of something to criticize. I'm thinking...I'm thinking...no, there is nothing. Our 4 day stay was as close to perfect as one could expect on a holiday. Wait, I do have one issue....I am only disappointed that Jill and Jeff could not accommodate our request to extend our stay due to an upcoming bank holiday weekend. Mom and I live in NYC but if we lived closer to Seahouses, something tells me St. Cuthbert's House would easily fall into the category of a home away from home. Thank you Jill and Jeff for your sensitivity, your true caring and your hospitality. I think you both make magic happen....

Room Tip: Who doesn't love a room with fabulous linens, wonderful comforters, plush towels....and a chande...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Wow - what praise indeed. We enjoyed helping you to discover this beautiful area, and we hope we'll see you here again.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our foursome had just finished walking the 60 miles of St. Cuthbert's Way and were ready for two days of down time and pampering. Jeff and Jill provided just that, in a friendly yet unobtrusive manner. We had planned to go out to sea to look at Eiders and other wildlife but a wind storm prevented us. Instead we stayed in and lounged around the comfortable common room and read and rested up. The two day stay was a perfect conclusion to our trip together.

Room Tip: All the rooms were quiet and luxurious.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

It's a shame the wind prevented you getting out to the islands - but we're glad you enjoyed your time just resting and being quiet. We hope we'll see you again.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very welcoming and friendly hosts, in a very charming converted Chapel. Very comfortable room, with fabulous bathroom. Short walk to the sea-front from B&B. On-site parking. Great breakfasts. Thoroughly enjoyed our 2night stay, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I wanted these few days to be spent in a special place and St Cuthbert's House is certainly that, and much more. The welcome was lovely, so friendly and helpful. The room is amazingly gorgeous, food wonderful...a perfect place to stay. I have never stayed anywhere so nice. What Jill and Jeff have done to lovingly restore this place is a true labour of love, it is beautiful. They are truly worthy winners of their awards. We are actually still here as I write this review, just wanted to share my thoughts now.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. We are in Columba.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

We're pleased you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for your review.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had an excellant 4 night stay here. Jeff and Jill are the perfect hosts where nothing is too much trouble. They offered help when requested and recommended some great places to visit and eat.The accomodation is great with comfortable, well equipped rooms and with a hearty breakfast. Would recommend highly to anybody. Even managed to find me a replacement shoe lace!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

We've provided many a toothbrush etc, but this was a first shoelace ;-)
Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seahouses
Doxford Hall Hotel
#19 of 25 in Seahouses
Farne Island B&B
Farne Island B&B
#6 of 25 in Seahouses

Been to St. Cuthbert's House? Share your experiences!