“Very comfortable with a personal service ”
Review of Cottingburn House

Cottingburn House
Cottingburn House
Ranked #11 of 29 Morpeth B&B and Inns
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable with a personal service ”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Staying at this lovely bed and breakfast was a pleasure. The owners Vee and Tim are so welcoming and provide a personal service. Helped me with a surprise gift for my girlfriend too! Had a very restful sleep in the comfortable and clean double ensuite room. Please do consider this ideally situated place as they are always on hand to help with your requirements and a friendly chat. Breakfast is included to your requirements too. You are able to have access as you need with no restrictions. Very highly recommended! Looking forward to my next visit :)

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Halifax, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I can recommend this B&B. The welcome was very friendly and informative, as I am gluten free they made sure the staff were aware and I had gluten free bread for breakfast. The accommodation is on a busy road but the secondary glazing cut out all the noise, so a peaceful nights sleep. It is also a short walk into the town so no noise. I would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine K
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I can only say good things about my stay with Tim and Vera . The room was always clean and fresh, the breakfast realy good and nothing was to much trouble.The bathroom was clean and there is plenty of hot water and soap.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank L_T_19592013
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hospitable welcome, Tim and Vera very welcoming and made our stay a real pleasure,great service and wonderful breakfasts. Bedrooms spotless and comfortable. Good location within easy walk to town centre and a good centre for exploring the wonderful coast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Martin C
Wassenaar, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I can fully recommend this B&B. Tim and Vera were very friendly and made me feel right at home. Breakfast was very good. The room was also good and fit for purpose. Not very large, but travelling solo it had all I needed. A bed, a sink and cupboard, etc. The shower facilities were clean and good. If I would come to Morpeth again I would definitely stay here again. A bonus was Tim tips on a gluten free diet and his home-mode gluten free bread

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank PaulZw2013
Reviewed August 23, 2013

It was such a pleasure staying at Cottingburn and I would highly recommend it!!! Vera and Tim were fabulous and friendly hosts which made my stay delightful. They were there to meet me on arrival and were always on hand to give friendly and helpful advice. I was there for several weeks and the service was excellent and professional throughout with a very lovely, airy room full of character and always spotless. It's great value considering it's a 3 star establishment! The double bed was very, very comfortable and I slept like a baby throughout. The B&B is very conveniently located close to the town centre, which is just a short walk away. I took lots of evening walks and it's very safe and quiet. All in all it has a cosy homely atmosphere with shelves full of books and I would definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Fara-UK
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We booked because room was described as spacious but we had great difficulty even opening one suitcase at a time on the floor. In fact it was very difficult even getting our cases into the room. £126 for two nights was, in our opinion, poor value for money. As the rooms are so close together, it was difficult to get to sleep. People arriving back, opening their room door and then letting it bang shut plus, although we thought it was a bungalow, there was someone overhead walking about at 1am in the morning. I could hear snoring from the next room.
The breakfast was good.

Room Tip: If we hadn't paid in advance we wouldn't have stayed.